First System Ever. What Do You Guys Think ?

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I have been battling hairloss and finally took the plunge to try a system. I’m shocked so far but I need to learn it better. The glue bond I feel is already coming off and it’s been 5 days. I need suggestions on how to get a longer hold. I have no idea what glue the salon used. Also the hairline is not good as this is a thick skin with no graduated hairline so I don’t have an exposed hairline. Here are some pics when I had a buzzed head, peak of balding , and hair system. Honest opinions my girlfriend had no idea the whole week ( I finally told her on Sunday) and she had no idea and was shocked. She said it wasn’t a big deal at all and that it looked good. Now I don’t have to worry during intimacy woo!! I’ve gone through mixed feelings but I’m determined to perfect this system.

Attachments

• D402A682-34D9-4C86-9F69-999FDED57FE4.jpeg
    D402A682-34D9-4C86-9F69-999FDED57FE4.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 593
  • 0E820885-B6E4-4C36-A9E2-DB663D9533ED.jpeg
    0E820885-B6E4-4C36-A9E2-DB663D9533ED.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 557
  • B118A801-541F-49F9-A77F-D9B8815FC285.png
    B118A801-541F-49F9-A77F-D9B8815FC285.png
    617.8 KB · Views: 553
  • DF3D8E91-0C16-4ADE-84EB-C3254EE47E18.png
    DF3D8E91-0C16-4ADE-84EB-C3254EE47E18.png
    594.3 KB · Views: 570
  • 7A0C4C90-3550-42CB-B51F-AEE481869314.png
    7A0C4C90-3550-42CB-B51F-AEE481869314.png
    561.3 KB · Views: 598

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the smile says it all!!!!

Yes, you could probably benefit from a lower density, and a graduated hairline, but it looks good... and the style works with your old style...

If the glue isn't holding... tapes and scalp protector could do the trick.

Lots of info. on the forum.

Best!

Ali Javaid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks great! I know that feeling when no one recognizes at first. It shows how little people care about your hairloss.

I'm still on my first hairpiece and it's almost 6 month. I started back in end of Feb and did everything by myself, of course with Noah's help. So regarding glue, I too initially had issues. It started lifting up within few days. But then I noticed that my scalp took some time to adjust to both glue and tape. I tried two kinds of tape, one works twice as much as the other. The glue on the other hand needs touch up once a week at least. Use scalp protector (i use the one from MHE) which I think helps a bit.

Take your time to learn how well different products work for you!

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're doing a full scalp glue bond then you'll find it will weaken anyway after a few days. I get a decent hold for 7 to 10 days normally, but the hairline needs attention every 3 days or so.

Many factors affect the bond and you will over time learn how to handle this. Such as the basics of prepping the scalp and applying multiple layers of glue with enough time between each application, or trying to avoid hot weather or exercise for the first 24hrs after a bond.

You have 2 great advantages: you are young so can carry off some great styles, and alternatively I think a buzz cut actually suits you very well.

I agree with BB above in that the density could do with cutting back some back. The colour also looks a little dark, but that could be the photo quality. One huge leap for me was when I told the supplier to mix other shades into my hair: so my main colour is black but I've put in 30% dark brown and 10% gray (for my age). The mix of colours breaks up the hair and gives it a more natural overall tone.

Also another tip: try using some leave-in conditioner, liberally applied so that it gives a shine and some styling hold. This will also make the hair look lighter. Try not to use hairdryers, gels or hairsprays etc - they will wreck the hair!

Otherwise you've done well! My first system was a disaster and I had to learn quickly how to adapt to it. Your hair is much better than my first one or 2 were.

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're doing a full scalp glue bond then you'll find it will weaken anyway after a few days. I get a decent hold for 7 to 10 days normally, but the hairline needs attention every 3 days or so.

Many factors affect the bond and you will over time learn how to handle this. Such as the basics of prepping the scalp and applying multiple layers of glue with enough time between each application, or trying to avoid hot weather or exercise for the first 24hrs after a bond.

You have 2 great advantages: you are young so can carry off some great styles, and alternatively I think a buzz cut actually suits you very well.

I agree with BB above in that the density could do with cutting back some back. The colour also looks a little dark, but that could be the photo quality. One huge leap for me was when I told the supplier to mix other shades into my hair: so my main colour is black but I've put in 30% dark brown and 10% gray (for my age). The mix of colours breaks up the hair and gives it a more natural overall tone.

Also another tip: try using some leave-in conditioner, liberally applied so that it gives a shine and some styling hold. This will also make the hair look lighter. Try not to use hairdryers, gels or hairsprays etc - they will wreck the hair!

Otherwise you've done well! My first system was a disaster and I had to learn quickly how to adapt to it. Your hair is much better than my first one or 2 were.
Thank you for the response. I do have a leave in conditioner I use every morning and night to also brush out any knots. That’s what the place suggested. Do you do a full bond with glue still ? I have seen your system and it’s super good on the hairline I’m jealous. I will get there some day. Also I appreciate the words on the advantages I have. Here is a better look of the color with my side hair and blending. Is color still too dark ?

Attachments

• 4CF357E5-C1B1-4280-96F5-5707B5071627.png
    4CF357E5-C1B1-4280-96F5-5707B5071627.png
    651.5 KB · Views: 272

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The colour looks like a great match.

You'll learn more as time goes on and only you can decide what you're comfortable and happy with. Certainly take a few risks to make some tweaks to your next systems.... things like styling, density, mixing more than 1 colour, different bases etc. It's taken me 2 years and 5 systems to finally get comfortable with what I am wearing. I feel like I spent the past 2 years trying to hide my hair rather than show it off, so it's may not always be a pleasant journey but you've started off well, you're determined and you're in the right place to learn a lot from the guys here.

Also please don't mind the constructive criticism... we're all very picky and fussy here because we know what we're looking at, but 95% of people in real life wouldn't ever think you're wearing a hair piece.

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks great! I know that feeling when no one recognizes at first. It shows how little people care about your hairloss.

I'm still on my first hairpiece and it's almost 6 month. I started back in end of Feb and did everything by myself, of course with Noah's help. So regarding glue, I too initially had issues. It started lifting up within few days. But then I noticed that my scalp took some time to adjust to both glue and tape. I tried two kinds of tape, one works twice as much as the other. The glue on the other hand needs touch up once a week at least. Use scalp protector (i use the one from MHE) which I think helps a bit.

Take your time to learn how well different products work for you!
Thank you for the reply. So do you use tape strictly now or a mix of glue and tape ? I’m ordering the kit package from MHE.

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The colour looks like a great match.

You'll learn more as time goes on and only you can decide what you're comfortable and happy with. Certainly take a few risks to make some tweaks to your next systems.... things like styling, density, mixing more than 1 colour, different bases etc. It's taken me 2 years and 5 systems to finally get comfortable with what I am wearing. I feel like I spent the past 2 years trying to hide my hair rather than show it off, so it's may not always be a pleasant journey but you've started off well, you're determined and you're in the right place to learn a lot from the guys here.

Also please don't mind the constructive criticism... we're all very picky and fussy here because we know what we're looking at, but 95% of people in real life wouldn't ever think you're wearing a hair piece.
I don’t mind the Criticism at all that’s why I posted to get the opinions. Can you tell me how you managed to get that hairline ? Do you order blonde and then dye it yourself in the front ?

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t mind the Criticism at all that’s why I posted to get the opinions. Can you tell me how you managed to get that hairline ? Do you order blonde and then dye it yourself in the front ?

Yes pretty much that except that my stylist/salon does the cut-in/fitting/dyeing. I'm not brave enough to attempt it myself. If you're in the UK (south east) then I'm happy to give you their details.

Ali Javaid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. So do you use tape strictly now or a mix of glue and tape ? I’m ordering the kit package from MHE.

I have always used glue on the front and tape on the sides. Since I install it myself, doing full glue seems like a tough job for me.

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I have been battling hairloss and finally took the plunge to try a system. I’m shocked so far but I need to learn it better. The glue bond I feel is already coming off and it’s been 5 days. I need suggestions on how to get a longer hold. I have no idea what glue the salon used. Also the hairline is not good as this is a thick skin with no graduated hairline so I don’t have an exposed hairline. Here are some pics when I had a buzzed head, peak of balding , and hair system. Honest opinions my girlfriend had no idea the whole week ( I finally told her on Sunday) and she had no idea and was shocked. She said it wasn’t a big deal at all and that it looked good. Now I don’t have to worry during intimacy woo!! I’ve gone through mixed feelings but I’m determined to perfect this system.
At your age, you can even get away if you lowered it half an inch, but none the less...it looks great!!

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
It looks great! And you'll get the formula right for a decent hairline in time.

Well done for taking the plunge whilst you still had a decent amount of your own hair - your transition will be much smoother.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the response. I do have a leave in conditioner I use every morning and night to also brush out any knots. That’s what the place suggested. Do you do a full bond with glue still ? I have seen your system and it’s super good on the hairline I’m jealous. I will get there some day. Also I appreciate the words on the advantages I have. Here is a better look of the color with my side hair and blending. Is color still too dark ?

Back and sides are perfect... color, perfect... nice blend...

You must feel... awesome.

:cool:

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score

Looks extremely realistic & well balanced.

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Back and sides are perfect... color, perfect... nice blend...

You must feel... awesome.

:cool:
Thank you man. I’m surprised to still see you around here I think that’s awesome. I remember reading your posts and seeing your styles 2-3 years ago when it first came to my ides. I truly feel like a different person and no one would have any idea that I’m wearing a system. It has changed my life and I’m slowly figuring out the ins and outs to this. Really curious how long I can get the system to last. What tends to happen when the system is bad ? Thanks again for continuing to contribute to this forum <3

Noah

Reaction score
Belated pat on the back, man. That's a really excellent result. I hope you are relaxing and enjoying the new look.

Noah