First System, A Little Unsure, Looking For Feedback

iobject

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey y'all. I've been a long time lurker, and finally decided to pull the trigger and get a system. I'm a young guy, 27, and I started losing my hair pretty aggressively when I was about 18-19. I had a transplant about 4 years ago. It was alright, but didn't give me the density I wanted. I was able to maintain a pretty workable look for the last few years using concealer, but I was tired of the mess and the inconsistent results I would get in different lights/angles.

That aside, I met with a local stylist a few weeks ago and she walked me through the process and ordered a system for me. Yesterday I went back and had it cut in. I was pretty much blown away with the initial result, but today after showering I realized that either 1) system hair is harder to style, or 2) I've forgotten how to style thicker hair since it's been nearly a decade, because I wasn't able to make my hair lay the way I was hoping.

I'm attaching a couple pictures and one gif. These were all taken after my attempt at styling. Thoughts? Tips? What should I do differently for my next system?

Also, if anyone can give me some advice on how to transition to ordering online that would be awesome. I'm mostly concerned with how to get it cut in as that seemed to be the most time consuming and skilled part of what the stylist did for me.

Edit: Apparently I can't post links....

imgur. com/z7gptWS
imgur. com/kyQNUxs
gfycat. com/OnlyCelebratedAardvark