First Patient Treated In Follicum’s Phase Iia Study Of Fol-005 For Stimulation Of Hair Growth

kingjohn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lund, Sweden, March 7, 2018: Follicum AB (“Follicum” or “the company”) today announced that the first patient has been treated in the Phase IIa clinical trial in Germany with its lead candidate FOL-005 on 60 patients with hair loss. The study is conducted at Clinical Research Center for Hair and Skin Science (“CRC”) in Berlin and bioskin, Hamburg, Germany. The global market for pharmaceutical hair loss products for both men and women is estimated to be worth $3 billion. The available drug products have unwanted side-effects that limit their use.

FOL-005 is a modified short version of the endogenous protein, osteopontin. In the recently completed phase I/IIa study, FOL-005 was shown to be effective and safe in stimulating hair growth with 3 out of 4 subjects responding with increased hair growth. The present Phase IIa study aims to investigate the safety and effect of different doses of the drug candidate FOL-005 or placebo, administered as injections at two sites on the scalp. The study is expected to be completed in late 2018.

CEO Jan Alenfall commented:
”This is a major milestone for Follicum. Our intention with the forthcoming study is to confirm the interesting results from the recently completed study, where we saw both good efficacy and safety as well as a very high patient response. Hair loss is a poorly served indication, with little innovation or success to date. We hope that FOL-005 will provide a breakthrough.”

http://news.cision.com/follicum/r/f...l-005-for-stimulation-of-hair-growth,c2467095

phase iia, not bad! big step for a dark horse company

kingjohn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thoughts? trial commences end of 2018, surprised theres not more hype around these guys

kingjohn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
According to them :
"shows that the hair growth is stimulated with 8 % in 76 % of the individuals compared to before treatment"
http://follicum.com/hair-growth/clinical-trials-stimulation-of-hair-growth/

Well that said it , it is an useless treatment.

that was proof of concept/safety data without dosing optimization; the iia trials will obviously be make or break but the fact that theyre going ahead with them indicate they may know something we dont about dosing or efficacy manipulation. also even if it was just 8% thats on par with present treatments without hormonal side effects

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
According to them :
"shows that the hair growth is stimulated with 8 % in 76 % of the individuals compared to before treatment"
http://follicum.com/hair-growth/clinical-trials-stimulation-of-hair-growth/

Well that said it , it is an useless treatment.

Dont have any significant options since 90's
Have potentially one
Says it's useless
What can we do with people like that haha..
(Around 100k hair in a normal head. Even with 30k which is 70% balding (NW5-6-7) 8% is still 2400 hairs in around 80% of people. Better than nothing

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have potentially one
Says it's useless
(Around 100k hair in a normal head. Even with 30k which is 70% balding (NW5-6-7) 8% is still 2400 hairs in around 80% of people. Better than nothing

Don’t listen to James. He’s maintained his lovely locks for 20 years with cetrizine and min. According to him he’s pretty much cured...

Yet hates every study and every advancement in this field and for some unknown reason he thinks we care.

All news is good news!

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have potentially one
Says it's useless
this! and people still moan about samummed results...I can't believe it .
I understand people want and wait for THE cure ! but MEanwhile it's better to be rational...

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don’t listen to James. He’s maintained his lovely locks for 20 years with cetrizine and min. According to him he’s pretty much cured...

Yet hates every study and every advancement in this field and for some unknown reason he thinks we care.

All news is good news!

Well, you don't even know to read a paper. The PDG2 theory prove is is from 2012 .
Advance ? Finasteride topical is an "ADVANCE " !?!?!?!!? Hhahahahahahahahahahahaha

Jesus, you are really an idiot. Seriously , like you brain is fucked and you worry about your hair ?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
this! and people still moan about samummed results...I can't believe it .
I understand people want and wait for THE cure ! but MEanwhile it's better to be rational...

Yes, lets keep it rational :
Topical finasteride, a drug already in the market 26 years ago Will go systemic even with this formulation . Lets say that DHT is reduce it by 50 % or 50 % instead of 70 % , do you see this an advance ? Really ? And this is if all goes extremly well and if this is the case, in more than a year from now we will see it on the market .
Read the PDG2 study from 2012, understand it ,and you will see why you can get better results with cetirizine, even better than with finasteride and why you will get amazing results with setipiprant or fevipiprant ( and please, don't compare it to the setipiprant we are getting now, we don't even know how pure is it and most probably is done "home made " )

Again, this " new " lotion contain 250 mg per 100ml , meaning every 50 days you will apply 250mg , by oraly in that same time you take 50mg . Lets spouse that only 10% of the drug go systemic, do your maths , check the DHT levels on differents doses of finasteride, an you will see why is useless.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, you don't even know to read a paper. The PDG2 theory prove is is from 2012 .
Advance ? Finasteride topical is an "ADVANCE " !?!?!?!!? Hhahahahahahahahahahahaha

Jesus, you are really an idiot. Seriously , like you brain is fucked and you worry about your hair ?

Look man. I’m here to read about things that are upcoming and interesting.

Your comments are neither. Rather people just have to navigate around you to read what they are here to read.

There are things that you’re doing that are interesting that I could learn from. But sadly you are you. And you like to pollute threads with your own form of speculation and drollery. It’s just dull man.