first month on finasteride, question!

hulltras

Reaction score
have been taking 1/5th proscar daily for exactly one month today. everyone reacts differently to the drug but i feel i may be reacting quicker than normal. i have the watery seamen and occasional pain in the nuts.

my main question is shedding. the last two days have seen a huge increase in shedding, and i am talking about thick healthy long black hairs and now also shorter dark hairs too which NEVER shed on such a large scale before. my head is also very itchy even when using nizoral and t-gel.

so, can i presume this is an early shed, and does this reaction and relatively early reaction to finasteride make me an initial responder?? i thought shedding was to be seen as a good thing right?

think i may add msm to my regime of 1/5th finasteride, and nizoral.

thank-you.

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
yes, shedding is to be taken as a good sign.

and nobody can tell you whether your early reaction is because you're a good responder or not.

i started shedding on the 10th day of treatment..

i'm approaching the three month mark and my shed still hasnt stopped.

best of luck, stick to it and ride out the shed.

87david

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you think that the shedding on propecia could be minimized by working up to the proper dose incrementally? I'm thinking of trying propecia myself and just curious about it. Thanks

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I believe that you can reduce the severity of a shed by gradually working up to the full dose, although this MAY increase the time the shed lasts.

In any case even with a big shed you dont notice any cosmetic effect on your hair unless you already have very thin areas.