First Hair Cut After 4th Transplant.

Acljw

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes 4th transplant by the same Dr. in NY......All 3 previous I had good results...

My first 3 procedures added up to about 3,500 grafts for the front....If I knew then what I know now I would have gotten a bigger procedure in stead of three small ones...

Just got my first haircut 3 weeks after the transplant and my barber showed me the back of my head...I'm like, wow !!! I have the typical smiley face from ear to ear kind of....The three previous I just had the line on the side of my head I'm guessing and you do not see the scars at all....

I'm hoping this goes away....I read it takes months for the skin to heal...I went through a tube of bacatracin already, my surgery was Jan 31st

Dr. explained to me since I have had previous procedures he had to use some sort of procedure to make the scalp more flexible so to speak to harvest the graphs....All total it was 928, not much but I'm 55 and really never had a ton of hair to begin with...

Guess I'm just worried now since the incision this time is longer than the others....All procedures were FUT....

I have light brown hair, any good concealers out there to maybe cover the scar till it heals?

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
What was the cost? and who was the doctor? I started looking into transplant again and the cost was way out of my league. 8K for 1000 - 2000 graphs depending on how many graphs they get from the strip. As for the scar, I had a scar from my 1st procedure and then I had something else done and a plastic surgeon basically fixed the scar so it's unnoticeable now. My point is, the person closing up the scar, if they're good, they can make the scar invisible