First Fue Transplant 5100 Grafts 10 Months Post Operation

mite_jan

My Regimen
Reaction score
what do you think guys honestly i was expecting a bit better result before the operation
do you think 5100 grafts are enough for my baldness to cover all the area

photos are before the operation and after 10 months

on the after photos the length of my hair is about 1 month
at the moment i am trying to let it grow to see how it looks

should i push the clinic to do a second procedure from my beard to make it more dense or leave it like this ?

Attachments

• 20190228_171917.jpg
    20190228_171917.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 2,124
  • 20190228_172439.jpg
    20190228_172439.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 2,011
  • 20190228_172806.jpg
    20190228_172806.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,901
  • 20190228_173103.jpg
    20190228_173103.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,866
  • 20190315_095245.jpg
    20190315_095245.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,876
  • 20190315_095247.jpg
    20190315_095247.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 1,906
  • IMG_20200107_105834.jpg
    IMG_20200107_105834.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 1,983
  • IMG_20200107_105915.jpg
    IMG_20200107_105915.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,973
  • IMG_20200107_105940.jpg
    IMG_20200107_105940.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,862
  • IMG_20200107_110005.jpg
    IMG_20200107_110005.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,905
  • IMG_20200107_110115.jpg
    IMG_20200107_110115.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 2,038
  • IMG_20200107_110232.jpg
    IMG_20200107_110232.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 2,119

irishlad8787

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im no expert but if you look at Jamiewilliams77777 threads he had a similar amount of grafts and got an amazing result.

irishlad8787

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tbh man it looks a little sparse on top after getting so many grafts. you had a big area to cover too though.

mite_jan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tbh man it looks a little sparse on top after getting so many grafts. you had a big area to cover too though.
and i had my sides a bit reconstructed with those grafts
letting it grow now to see how it looks , i think transplanted hair doesnt look dense on nobody , the point is to create illusion you have dense hair from the length covering all areas

irishlad8787

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah man it wont be as dense as native hair ever but can look good on alot of guys specially if styled right, NW0 wolfpack knows his stuff, shoot him a pm.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi

Looking at your photos it looks like some grafts did not survive and grow but you also had such a large balding area to cover that usually requires 7,000-9,000 grafts to get “full” coverage if all the grafts grow.

It’s hard to tell the results since your hair is buzzed so let it grow for at least 6-months more, but i honestly think you do not have enough donor hair or beard hair for more grafts either....it looks like you have more hair on your shoulders than beard and if I were you I would not go back to them I would look for a clinic that does very good body and beard hair transplant, maybe contact Cinik’s clinic and I would have scalp micropigmentation on my donor scars to make it look more full.

Good luck.

mite_jan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah man it wont be as dense as native hair ever but can look good on alot of guys specially if styled right, NW0 wolfpack knows his stuff, shoot him a pm.
Nice to see you respond man , do you have any photos when yoir hair was shorter , what is the minimum length one should have so the result to look good ? 3 months maybe ?

mite_jan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi

Looking at your photos it looks like some grafts did not survive and grow but you also had such a large balding area to cover that usually requires 7,000-9,000 grafts to get “full” coverage if all the grafts grow.

It’s hard to tell the results since your hair is buzzed so let it grow for at least 6-months more, but i honestly think you do not have enough donor hair or beard hair for more grafts either....it looks like you have more hair on your shoulders than beard and if I were you I would not go back to them I would look for a clinic that does very good body and beard hair transplant, maybe contact Cinik’s clinic and I would have scalp micropigmentation on my donor scars to make it look more full.

Good luck.
I do have beard and chest donor hair but i was reading that the beard grafts are only single grafts and that it is not recommended for crown area

This clinic does only beard and scalp harvest they dont want to do body hair as donor ( maybe because it is more difficult to harvest from the angle and the survival rate is lower
They do care about marketing and i can expose them , i know they have offered free second procedure to some people who didnt had dense look

I wouldn't say that i have lots of grafts that didnt survived , take note that those after pictures length of hair is very short , will keep posting more photos in few days

geoff674

My Regimen
Reaction score
There has been a distinct improvement. You have moved from someone who looked unambiguously bald to someone who is merely ‘thinning’ - and that is with your hair cut short. Imagine how you could ‘bulk’ things out if you wore your hair longer.
i would imagine that if you want to keep your hair so short then another procedure to ‘fill-out’ the vertex / crown will be necessary. Your scalp has recovered very well so one can anticipate a successful second transplant. I personally (though a lot older) would accept the result you have.

mite_jan

My Regimen
Reaction score
There has been a distinct improvement. You have moved from someone who looked unambiguously bald to someone who is merely ‘thinning’ - and that is with your hair cut short. Imagine how you could ‘bulk’ things out if you wore your hair longer.
i would imagine that if you want to keep your hair so short then another procedure to ‘fill-out’ the vertex / crown will be necessary. Your scalp has recovered very well so one can anticipate a successful second transplant. I personally (though a lot older) would accept the result you have.
thanks for the reply geoff674

it is improvement indeed i didnt had anything on top but i am starting to suspect that lots of hair didnt survived too like one of the previous members mentioned , although my clinic have told me that most of the hair survive like 90 percent

it has been 10 months and 8 days since the procedure was done , i am not happy obviously with the result and i have no idea if this is how it is supposed to look honestly at that length

i am going to start using minoxidil 5% and derma pen with adjustable needles from 0 to 3mm i have just ordered it because at this point i am getting desperate and want to know if it will look good or not , and send my clinic the photos and see what they will say and hopefully they can maybe top up the density from my beard , it might not be much but hey every hair counts

what do you think at what length should the transplanted hair look like normal 5-6cm ?
and do you think more can be harvested from the back of scalp , i already had 5100 taken only from there

Last edited:

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Dude you should have done more research. First of all mega sessions are riskier in terms of graft survival due to limited blood flow. You should have done like a 2000-3000 graft procedure only for the front, and then addressed your crown afterwards.

Also, as a high Norwood, you should have looked into FUT which also has a higher yield than FUE.

geoff674

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks for the reply geoff674

it is improvement indeed i didnt had anything on top but i am starting to suspect that lots of hair didnt survived too like one of the previous members mentioned , although my clinic have told me that most of the hair survive like 90 percent

it has been 10 months and 8 days since the procedure was done , i am not happy obviously with the result and i have no idea if this is how it is supposed to look honestly at that length

i am going to start using minoxidil 5% and derma pen with adjustable needles from 0 to 3mm i have just ordered it because at this point i am getting desperate and want to know if it will look good or not , and send my clinic the photos and see what they will say and hopefully they can maybe top up the density from my beard , it might not be much but hey every hair counts

what do you think at what length should the transplanted hair look like normal 5-6cm ?
and do you think more can be harvested from the back of scalp , i already had 5100 taken only from there

Before you do anything I would recommend that you wait for the requisite post procedure recovery period - which as your surgeon probably said, could take up to 18 months. I would also try your best (though it must be difficult) to stop obsessing on the subject and jumping from one apparent remedy to another. My long experience leads me to conclude that Minoxidil at any strength will only make a very marginal (if any) difference. Save your cash & wait! With regard to allowing your hair to grow - why not? It will also help you to reduce your preoccupation with the effectiveness & coverage of the transplant. Never forget, nil nesperadum, worse thing happen at sea and all that! If the worst comes to the worst and after growing your hair and waiting the 18months go back to the surgeon and explain how dissatisfied you are and maybe they will provide a free or heavily reduced second procedure. Never lose sight of the fact that you self-evidently now have the advantage that your frontal hairline has been executed satisfactorily (as you can see for yourself - even with short hair) consequently bulking out the crown can be done with beard / body hair. So stop worrying!

mite_jan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Before you do anything I would recommend that you wait for the requisite post procedure recovery period - which as your surgeon probably said, could take up to 18 months. I would also try your best (though it must be difficult) to stop obsessing on the subject and jumping from one apparent remedy to another. My long experience leads me to conclude that Minoxidil at any strength will only make a very marginal (if any) difference. Save your cash & wait! With regard to allowing your hair to grow - why not? It will also help you to reduce your preoccupation with the effectiveness & coverage of the transplant. Never forget, nil nesperadum, worse thing happen at sea and all that! If the worst comes to the worst and after growing your hair and waiting the 18months go back to the surgeon and explain how dissatisfied you are and maybe they will provide a free or heavily reduced second procedure. Never lose sight of the fact that you self-evidently now have the advantage that your frontal hairline has been executed satisfactorily (as you can see for yourself - even with short hair) consequently bulking out the crown can be done with beard / body hair. So stop worrying!

i dont think i will be waiting 18 months :D time goes so slow
i dont feel very comfortable now growing it and not looking dense but dont have other choice
the clinic told me lets wait for 1 year and see , so thats what i am doing and after see what they suggest
i hope the microneedling and minoxidil will help , maybe i should have started using them earlier

mite_jan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude you should have done more research. First of all mega sessions are riskier in terms of graft survival due to limited blood flow. You should have done like a 2000-3000 graft procedure only for the front, and then addressed your crown afterwards.

Also, as a high Norwood, you should have looked into FUT which also has a higher yield than FUE.
that might be true but who wants to wait 2 years for 2 sessions
also fut leaves scar
i have seen succesfull stories with higher number of grafts , i have even seen some clinics done 7000+ grafts in one go

geoff674

My Regimen
Reaction score
i dont think i will be waiting 18 months :D time goes so slow
i dont feel very comfortable now growing it and not looking dense but dont have other choice
the clinic told me lets wait for 1 year and see , so thats what i am doing and after see what they suggest
i hope the microneedling and minoxidil will help , maybe i should have started using them earlier

As I say my experience of minoxidil (my own & fellow sufferers) is disappointing. The gold standard in hair loss prevention is finasteride which I have now taken for 12 years or more (in fact since it was released) it certainly didn’t grow much back but stopped any further deterioration although the side effects are problematic if you are relatively young & thinking of a family. With regard to growing your hair, - nothing ventured, nothing gained and regarding your discomfort in doing so, don’t forget it’s only you that will notice. The overwhelming majority will see you as a bloke with a good head of hair.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not totally failed ,the hairs would need time to adapt new site.and better to have hairs than bald spot though you were expecting better result..