First Day on 0.5mg finasteride - please help with how to handle sides

4thojab

Reaction score
Hi guys,

so i have been on minoxidil for around 6months with absolutely no results. Going to keep this going as it is not too expensive and want to see how it works with the big 3.

So i have jumped on 0.5mg of finasteride as of today. Literally just taken my first dose.

Wanted to see with you guys which of the side effects if i get any do i simply ride out and which ones as soon as i feel them do i come straight off the drug?

Also, there is not much info on Gyno on this website - how would i combat Gyno in the unfortunate stage i get this?

any help would be much appreciated!

Big 3 lets see how it goes!

T

tellersquill

Stop thinking about it. 99% have no sides. A few peoples bodies seem to be intolerant, but that is not likely to be you.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, stay away from forums/propecia news etc. For a while. A lot of ED can be psychosomatic.

TinTon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you read enough posts on finasteride sides, you'll have them sides.

Don't spend time reading negative threads and thinking 'what if'. Read the positive things on here and if the negative things do come your way, then and only then; read up on it and address it. Remember, if my chicken fillets from Tesco tasted amazing I wouldn't go online and tell everyone about it, but if these Tesco chicken fillets gave me food poisoning I would be online ranting and raving everywhere, that's how people work and that's how the online world works.

View taking finasteride the same way as you view brushing your teeth, if you don't brush your teeth daily then your teeth will decay, if you don't take finasteride daily then your hair will decay. Both are cosmetic and both are life long commitments. The women's version of finasteride is moisturiser/anti-wrinkle creams.

medmechanica

Reaction score
As someone who used to struggle with ED well before I had started treating for hair loss, I can't stress enough how easily it can happen psycho-somatically... if you've never experienced it, then it can be hard to imagine just how simple it can be... but yeah, don't underestimate the power of your own attitude.

GeorgeNatur

Reaction score
Hi guys,

so i have been on minoxidil for around 6months with absolutely no results. Going to keep this going as it is not too expensive and want to see how it works with the big 3.

So i have jumped on 0.5mg of finasteride as of today. Literally just taken my first dose.

Wanted to see with you guys which of the side effects if i get any do i simply ride out and which ones as soon as i feel them do i come straight off the drug?

Also, there is not much info on Gyno on this website - how would i combat Gyno in the unfortunate stage i get this?

any help would be much appreciated!

Thojab the answer is easy.

You have no results from Minoxidil,
that means you don't have hairloss from high DHT.

So that means your hairloss commt from high Oestrogen.

And a very good treatment for high Oestrogen is Grapeseed oil from Now.

And Royal jelly from VITAMIN WORLD.

parisienne

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wanted too add that perhaps minoxidil is not working for you because you may lack an enzyme called Sulfotransferase. You can take supplements if needed.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stop thinking about it. 99% have no sides. A few peoples bodies seem to be intolerant, but that is not likely to be you.

absolutely wrong

nobody95

Reaction score
Hi guys,

any help would b

My derm told me that minoxidil based treatments should be assessed a year to a year and half after beginning. I do think that finasteride is a good idea if you feel you haven't seen any changes at all though.
You feeling pretty good on it?

GeorgeNatur

Reaction score
Yes, that's right the Oestrone SulfoTransferase is in center of the problem.

But the solution will come with regulation of Oestrone (which is too much and courses overproduction of
PGD2).

Minoxidil only should activate the production of PGE1.

More exactly this Minoxidil is not able to activate the enzyme PGE1 Synthetase.

If 4Trojab will use Minoxidil Kirkland, he will see results.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Thojab the answer is easy.

You have no results from Minoxidil,
that means you don't have hairloss from high DHT.

So that means your hairloss commt from high Oestrogen.

And a very good treatment for high Oestrogen is Grapeseed oil from Now.

And Royal jelly from VITAMIN WORLD.

Good one!

baldpills

Reaction score
I understand in some cases experiencing side effects can be a learned behaviour, however you should really be honest with yourself. If you are experiencing something negative, then you are experiencing it. Not wanting to be contentious, but the "power of positivity" will not negate actual side effects. Reportedly the percentage of people who experience these sides are very insignificant, but anyone can be someone who experiences it.