First Day Ever With A Hair System With Pics

Russianguy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Senor, I am pretty much a beginner, planning to order my system soon. If possible, could you give us more information about the system, like the type, color, density (seems to me more than 120), dimensions of the piece?
It will be very useful information for me too.

Russianguy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All
I just had my custom system fitted today after the long painful 8 weeks of growing out my hair, after getting it fitted I had about 4 hours to get some sleep before starting the night shift and must admit I was dreading the first day at work, Its definatley an improvement on being bald but it is really weird getting used to having hair and I think it's it's either too thick and I'd like to get it thinned out or like the stylist said for the first week it will have allot of poof before it settles down, what do people think and I'd like to be able to answer any questions people might have if they're thinking of going the system routeView attachment 119860 View attachment 119861
I want my first once exactly like your system) It looks very good and natural. I really hope that my stylist will be prof, I'm from Russia

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do folks who use a hair system deal with the inevitable questions/looks from people they've known and worked with who knew that their hair looked nothing like that a few days prior? Also, does anyone know if heavy sweaters (specifically from the face/head) can use hair systems? I sweat very, very much.

MikeWood

My Regimen
Reaction score
How do folks who use a hair system deal with the inevitable questions/looks from people they've known and worked with who knew that their hair looked nothing like that a few days prior? Also, does anyone know if heavy sweaters (specifically from the face/head) can use hair systems? I sweat very, very much.
You need a break from your social environment, maybe doing it before a long vacation, after changing a job or moving to another city. One day bald next day full head of hair is not good.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
You need a break from your social environment, maybe doing it before a long vacation, after changing a job or moving to another city. One day bald next day full head of hair is not good.

Sorry, Mike, I need to disagree with you on this.

Taking a vacation is not a bad idea, grow a beard or mustache if you don't have one, or come back with it trimmed differently, if you do. Some guys even shave (I despise that word), but if you do, you can always start growing it back.

I went from completely shaved to having an NW6 fringe for six months to a full-on 14" Viking Top Knot, with faded sides. I also cut off about half the length of my beard, that was the first thinks people mentioned.

The people I was closest to, I told. The other, nothing. All of the reactions I got, were positive. Now it's a year, many don't even remember me bald.

Old friends who I have not seen in a while, say, wow, you grew out your hair, looks awesome.

Recently I got a new system, with curls. I also opted for a longer style, tousled, and less military. Only one person even saw that I had a new haircut... did not even question how it was now, much longer, overnight.

I am super confident about my hair and don't really give any F***S about what others think, so that also, adds to it.

The idea is that you are doing this for you, and for no one else. If you feel like you are hiding something, you always will, no matter how great it looks.

Steve

Abiel

Reaction score
Looks perfect man
Hi All
I just had my custom system fitted today after the long painful 8 weeks of growing out my hair, after getting it fitted I had about 4 hours to get some sleep before starting the night shift and must admit I was dreading the first day at work, Its definatley an improvement on being bald but it is really weird getting used to having hair and I think it's it's either too thick and I'd like to get it thinned out or like the stylist said for the first week it will have allot of poof before it settles down, what do people think and I'd like to be able to answer any questions people might have if they're thinking of going the system routeView attachment 119860 View attachment 119861

noveau22

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, Mike, I need to disagree with you on this.

I am super confident about my hair and don't really give any F***S about what others think, so that also, adds to it.

The idea is that you are doing this for you, and for no one else. If you feel like you are hiding something, you always will, no matter how great it looks.

Steve
You are seriously one of the best posters here. You contribute so much to help others here. Hell, maybe you should make a youtube channel.

I had the same thoughts as well. Alpha if you do this, beta if you do that. Society calls you vain etc..and all that BS but then tells you to go workout and grow a beard when fully bald. You got to do what makes you happy in life.

I just need to find a good place in my city for a hair system soon or shave it off till I find a better job. I honestly don't look forward paying 200+ a month. I heard initial cost of a system is 600-700 from a youtuber O_O. There needs to be a pinned thread or 101 for hair system beginners. Again thank you for everything you've done.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are seriously one of the best posters here. You contribute so much to help others here. Hell, maybe you should make a youtube channel.

I had the same thoughts as well. Alpha if you do this, beta if you do that. Society calls you vain etc..and all that BS but then tells you to go workout and grow a beard when fully bald. You got to do what makes you happy in life.

I just need to find a good place in my city for a hair system soon or shave it off till I find a better job. I honestly don't look forward paying 200+ a month. I heard initial cost of a system is 600-700 from a youtuber O_O. There needs to be a pinned thread or 101 for hair system beginners. Again thank you for everything you've done.

You are too kind... it's my immense pleasure, I just want to help other guys in my situation.

Steve

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Hair piece costs can vary a lot and so can stylist fees. Most important thing is for you to find a supplier (or even a salon) that you are happy with and where the quality of the hair piece is the best. And then of course find a stylist who is experienced and can really understand what you want. Once you have those 2 things in place, the cost becomes less important... don't get me wrong, the cost is always important, but it's not the most important thing.

I spend around £2k a year (near London), which is for 3 custom hair pieces and cut-in/fitting, and glue/alcohol etc. I do maintenance at home every weeks, so the cost is minimal for that (just materials). I could probably get away with 2 systems a year, but I like the feeling of a new, fresh system and I think after 4 months the hair becomes too lifeless.

Some spend much less, some spend much more. Most important thing is for you to be happy with what ends up on your head.

Here are some pics of my hair:
https://beta.photobucket.com/u/deg_dilemma/a/f570529d-f56d-4ce3-9a8b-81131039c097

señor coconut

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi to the people who asked for more detail about the piece, sorry for the late reply.
I'll be going back to the salon for a trim on Friday to get a trim and I'll ask them the specifications of it as when I ordered it they said just trust them as they selected all the options for me. I figured that was the best thing to do as they have a far greater knowledge than me. The details I can remember from the consultation are, Medium density, colour was the darkest brown with 30% grey on the sides and 20% grey on top, it's got poly/skin (I'm not techinicaly sure which or if they're different) on the sides and back for ease of clean up and lace at the front

MikeWood

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi to the people who asked for more detail about the piece, sorry for the late reply.
I'll be going back to the salon for a trim on Friday to get a trim and I'll ask them the specifications of it as when I ordered it they said just trust them as they selected all the options for me. I figured that was the best thing to do as they have a far greater knowledge than me. The details I can remember from the consultation are, Medium density, colour was the darkest brown with 30% grey on the sides and 20% grey on top, it's got poly/skin (I'm not techinicaly sure which or if they're different) on the sides and back for ease of clean up and lace at the front
You were talking about the puffiness in your first post, did it go away after the first week as your stylist said?

señor coconut

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've just been back to the salon for the first time in 4 weeks to get a regroom and got to say I'm loving it

Attachments

• 20190621_151605.jpg
    20190621_151605.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 376
  • 20190621_150202.jpg
    20190621_150202.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 351
  • 20190621_150221.jpg
    20190621_150221.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 347