First Custom Hair System Questions Inside 7

LooseHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
1. I need a 9 x 7 base, so would I be able to go for a short hairstyle for base size, systems that I see online are usually smaller

2. Does selecting a particular style of ventilation eliminate certain hairstyles?

3. What Density would this system be?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
1. I need a 9 x 7 base, so would I be able to go for a short hairstyle for base size, systems that I see online are usually smaller

2. Does selecting a particular style of ventilation eliminate certain hairstyles?

3. What Density would this system be?
Stock units are 8x10, 10 inches being front to back. That's pretty large, allowing you to cut to size...... I can't imagine needing larger than that.

I, as well as most, prefer a freestyle ventilation which is what comes stock. This allows you to style any way you'd like.

Regarding density, that's a little more difficult. Stock systems are middle of the road. Remember you can always thin out a system, but you cannot add hair to it easily.

Some suppliers use 65% to describe a light medium density others use 100% to describe at the same density... So numbers are going to be very misleading.

I would go with a stock unit and see how it works for you. It may be perfect as is, perfect after the stylist thins it out, or may remain too thick.... Prompting you to order a lighter density custom unit next time.

Last edited: