First Childhood Memory Of Fearing Bald Adult Existence?

UncleMort

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was about eleven. My dad was bald but I never worried about it.

He had a buddy friend named chuck. Chuck was this huge larger than life personality.

Chuck was divorced. And norwood 7. He sometimes wore a toupee. He was very matter of fact about it.

I remember chuck came to eat with us. He sat next to me. I noticed for the first time how threadbare his clothes were.

And i finally associated male pattern baldness with a very very difficult existence.

I loved that guy in my own childhood sort of empathetic way

I always inquired if he had found a new wife

Christopher H.

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maaaaaan I’ll never forget the day i learned what male pattern baldness really was. I was either 14 or 15 and one day I looked up “Why men cut the top of their heads and leave the sides long”.

I took one good look at old family photos just to realize that 95% of the men in my immediate family had fucked up receding hairlines since their late 20’s. And it’s even more frightening bc i’m 19 and my recession is JUST starting.

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was 11 and I used to wear hats a lot and my older cousin told me I would start to lose my hair if u wear hats a lot, didn't wear a hat after that. sh*t happened anyways.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
“Fire and Rain” is before my time. Growing up I’d see this goofy looking middle-aged man on TV:

42FDE81D-EE20-449D-8A91-55F201B7D1F8.jpeg

Then they’d show a picture of him from before:

B5F75514-4CD8-4468-89CD-05D7924AF198.jpeg

Even as a little kid I understood that you could be WRECKED by hair loss.

UncleMort

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually

James Taylor is someone who would pull babes without being famous

He has perfect features

And yet I'm music its nearly possible to sustain a career bald

Netter to be country and do a cowboy thing

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Never worried about it til it happened. Literally everytime I got my haircut the hairdressers would say how I would never go bald because my hair was so thick (realize how stupid that is now, but didn't realize how male pattern baldness worked so kind just believed that). Literally no one in my entire family I know of started losing hair before their 40s, so never really saw this coming. Probs had a 1/100,000 chance of this happening at my age with it this aggressive and completely non-responsive to minoxidil and ar inhibitors, but I guess I am just lucky af.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
We have a lot of baldies in the family, 80% of the men on both sides NW5s so at least we have a family history of sizeable donors. I remember when I was 12 at Christmas they my aunt joked about how I would go bald and another said I should start washing my hair or I would go bald.

UncleMort

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Never worried about it til it happened. Literally everytime I got my haircut the hairdressers would say how I would never go bald because my hair was so thick (realize how stupid that is now, but didn't realize how male pattern baldness worked so kind just believed that). Literally no one in my entire family I know of started losing hair before their 40s, so never really saw this coming. Probs had a 1/100,000 chance of this happening at my age with it this aggressive and completely non-responsive to minoxidil and ar inhibitors, but I guess I am just lucky af.

My college roommate was a bit of an ***

He knew I was balding and proclaimed that he'd never go bald as if he had too much integrity

I saw him on fb

Norwood 6