Finpecia packaging changed

jeffm81

Reaction score
Previous packaging United Pharmacies sent me from Hong Kong:

00041.jpg

New packaging sent from Singapore has a different logo and stuff, though. Have others seen this? Is it real?

Attachments

• IMG_2827.JPG
    IMG_2827.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,086

Odie

Established Member
Reaction score
My new batch from United is also like the second pic.
I don't see any reason to worry ... they changed the packaging that's all.

If companies were going to fake meds they would do it for Propcia not a generic like Finpecia.

TEDDYRUXPIN

Established Member
Reaction score
Odie said:
My new batch from United is also like the second pic.
I don't see any reason to worry ... they changed the packaging that's all.

If companies were going to fake meds they would do it for Propcia not a generic like Finpecia.

It would be really odd for a company to fake something this cheap, however, some people have reported that United finasteride to be fake. Either that is to ruin the company or not, I read somewhere in this forum that a person contacted the company directly and provided the batch number. The company stated the stuff was genuine but would not say where it exported to.

Apparently, you can get this packaging changes depending on where it is sent to.

PS. I don't use finpecia and only propecia. I will have to wait another 2 and half years until merck lose the patent licence in the uk and plenty of generic stuff will come out.

Dr Reddys has already set up in the uk and matter of time it will be free and open.

jeffm81

Reaction score
Odie said:
It would be really odd for a company to fake something this cheap

Surely it's always cheaper to make pills with no active ingredient than to make them with it? It's just a cost-benefit with whether they will get caught, which isn't really much of a risk when we can't prove whether it contains it or not, and we can't track culprits in Asia anyway.

TEDDYRUXPIN said:
however, some people have reported that United finasteride to be fake.

It worked for me when I first started taking it, so I'm sure it was real in the past. I got several comments from people that hadn't seen me in a long time saying my hair looked like it was growing back. :D

Either that is to ruin the company or not, I read somewhere in this forum that a person contacted the company directly and provided the batch number. The company stated the stuff was genuine but would not say where it exported to.

I contacted them too:

Thank you for your information. Don’t worry, the medication is from the same source. We have noticed the manufactories has changed a new packaging for this item (Finpecia). Our teams is now updating the profile on the web site.

I guess I'm convinced that it's legit. :)