Finners story

Finner

Reaction score
Evening all,

I'm 33 years old and have been receeding slowly for about 6 years. No where is slick bald but I have a bald spot on my vertex under light, I am a diffuse thinner I think. I've done plenty of reading and I have so far done:

Propecia (brand stuff) 0.5mg for 6 weeks, upped to 1mg for the last 3 weeks. No side effects, not much change really. Possibly a nicer feeling scalp, but that could be the Nizarol I use every other day.

I'm going to wait about 18 months before deciding if to add anything else or whether to just save all the hassle and shave my head.

Starting finasteride at the same time as minoxidil sounds like a stupid idea because you will never be able to tell which is working. Still many seem to opt for the big 3 all at the same time is there some disadvantage to my approach?

Cheers.

Finner

palgato

Reaction score
Hello! I have read that even .5 mg of propecia exceeds the anti-baldness requirements; I don't recall many people going to 1 mg.
You are right, using the big 3 sometimes people don't know which is really working. But the formula is not that difficult, you are a typical case of propecia, because your age, your receding is slow and you need some hair in your crown. Minoxidil really should be the last resource for people with more alopecia. bye

Shuggy

Reaction score
Hi Finner. Just wondering how you are getting on. Any change in your progress?

Finner

Reaction score
Nothing much to note other than the quality of my hair is better but I'm sure it is from my change of attitude towards shampooing rather than the 1/4 Fincar.

I used to shampoo and shower in the morning, stick some hairwax in and wear it all day and night until the next morning.

I have been showering at night since I started so scalp is fresh and clear when I sleep. Starting Nizarol was a new experience and has cleared my scalp nicely but after further reading I decided I needed to cut down Nizarol to twice a week and find another decent shampoo on the "off" days. Clinical studies suggest that Piroctone Olamine is better than Ketoconazol anyway, also coal tar is handy to stop psoriasis (I have used coal tar for this purpose in the past) so hair routine is:

Day 1: 2% Ketoconazol
Day 2: T-gel for greasy heair (Piroctone Olamine)
Day 3: T-get therapeutic (Coal tar)

Keep cycling days 1 to 3. The T-gel or greasy hair can be used every day so I might decrease the coal tar to every 6th day......

Nothign much else to report. I'm not really expecting much for well over a year anyway. Probably going to buzz my hair down to grade 2 anyway....lol

JohnnyBBald

Reaction score
pics of haircut and before?? You said your hairloss seems similar to mine, I'm wondering how my hair would look grown out a bit :p