Finisteride: how i let it kill my sex drive

moegreen

Reaction score
first of all, you have to know that i suffered side-effects while on propecia, u should read about them here:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... highlight=

now i've been off 2 months

someone was worried about propecia side effects and he messaged me. so i wrote him a good response and i just wanna share this with you guys.. especially people who have had side effects from the drug

btw, i have removed the guy's name just in case.

so here goes:

[quote:c31ec]
"someone" wrote:
cool...thanks 4 the help
i've been using propecia since sept 2003 (about 2 years)...i was using 1 mg for about a year then cut down to .5mgs for the last year and about .3 mgs for the last 3 months. i'm not sure how well it worked exactly but i had low libido the whole time. .5mgs made it a little better but i still had little interest in sex and even when having sex i would loose interest (erection)...that sucked a lot.im only 25 and i know i should be way more interested in sex (judging from before) i never get random hard ons... i miss the security of knowing that i have to try hard "NOT" to get hard ons ....ya know??...its been about 6 days now... maybe getting a bit better ...i am worried though... what do u think?

ok i think u should quit propecia immediately.

your story is a lot like mine, but i was on it for a year. (and didn't see much results anyway)

its been 6 days doing what? off propecia?

alright i'll give u my story:

-broke shoulder 2 months ago, fell off my bicycle
-with all the healing and $#iT, i figured if i'm gonna ever quit propecia this is the time.. u know, out of fear that it might f*** with my bone healing... at that point i couldn't even raise my left arm

-so i remember first week and half of the second week the hair seemed usual

-then i started shedding like hell.. the kind of shedding that makes u think u were exposed to radioactive $#iT or something.. i never had this much shedding before... but i took it really well, i had the "well f*** it" attitude... i guess that was because my arm made me realize that there's other more important things than hair...like my arm to say the least!

-i don't wanna scare you, but this happened over like 2 weeks

-now by month 1 the shedding just went away...

- as for the sex-drive.... i experienced a sudden increase, just the next day after i quit... and $#iT it was amazing.... my dick was grew like 1.5 inches and was hot as hell and hard as stone.. a woman's dream i suppose lol... also i was easily arroused and woke up with boners in the morning..like every morning...boners that wouldn't even go away after i peed... only after i started walking around, u know

- but after the 1 month or so, it started softening and it was harder to get it arroused as hard as before...i could get an erection but it wasn't as rock hard or hot... not like a teenager's u know?

-so this is when i got scared and worried..i finally realized my dick is worth a lot more than my hair, and that i really fucked myself when i continued propecia... after the teste pain, semen dripping and transparent semen

-by the way the semen after i quit got whiter and whiter..now its real thick white (the colour and thickness, i read, is directly related to dht, i.e. dht is needed for its production).. it use to be completely transparent (!!).. so i am defintely improving... thanks to God

-like i said, after the first amazing month of hot/hard dick.. its just not the same.. i have to work hard at getting an erection...and rarely does it point to 1 o'clock...its been like this for the last month now... but slowly improving.

-this is when i joined this yahoo.com propecia side effects group to ask for help

- i was scared shitless to find that people have been unable to recover from this for 5 years+ !!

-i only found a couple guys who say they have recovered or are at '80%'

-but its ok man, we are young, and i believe we can recover.

-first we have to forget the hair and be strong on the road back to manhood... we have to be able to f*** a woman good and strong!!

-now i advise you to quit immediately, and start taking care of yourself (absolutely no junk food, eat fruits and veggies, start exercising, ****absolutely**** NO EJACULTION.. only once a week!... masterbation is ok but DO NOT EJACULATE, i have read this advice so many times on that yahoo forum.... if u ejaculate like everyday the next week you will be completely exhausted and will get a soft 3'0clock boner... and u will have thrown away all your hard work at recovering...)

-so man, let the road to recovery begin.
[/quote:c31ec]

now i am not here to argue that finisteride is a bad drug (in my opinion MERCK should stick with what it was first used for, prostate enlargment for 40+ year olds!!! instead of marketing it as hairloss for balding 19 year olds!!! and we all know the f*****g fda approves anything half-assed as long as it will make money for companies like merck and itself)

all i am saying is if you have side effects from this drug, please, please stop.

i wish i had someone who told me this earlier, but there wasn't so now i am on the road to recovery and have my own f*****g regimen to follow just so i can give a good f*** to a girl like the good old days

no one knows impotence until they have experience it for themselves.

Flyertom

Reaction score
It's a question of what do you prefer: Do you wanna f**k like a rabbit or do you wanna get bald with 19?

There are always two sides to every story ...

G

I have suffered this to. It is fact the finasteride can affect your c***.

moegreen

Reaction score
Flyertom said:
It's a question of what do you prefer: Do you wanna f**k like a rabbit or do you wanna get bald with 19?

There are always two sides to every story ...

who wants to f*** like a 50 year old? seriously, do u even realize what it is to f*** like a 50 year old?

u can't make her come, hell, she can't even feel you!
u're better off using your hand!

how f*****g sad would that be.

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
When you are 50 you just take v****.

You impotent guys should look into it. If I was having that problem I would take v**** before quitting finasteride, at least until I settled down. Then I will happily go bald as my wife will most likely hapilly pack on pounds.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Please keep in mind that the minority is more vocal than the majority. Adverse effects from Finasteride use are actually extremely rare. Naturally, those who experience them will disagree with this well established clinically proven scientificaly documented fact. Thats ok I guess. But I too am a sufferer of finasteride side effects and I maintain that the data is trustworthy, so I do not go around posting alarming messages scaring people away from the most clinically proven hair loss treatment.

The bottom line is, anyone can take Finasteride for 2 months and see if they have any problems. If they do, stop taking it. If they don't, then you're part of the majority. I see no value in terrorizing people away from using it.

HairLossTalk.com

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yes...but HairLossTalk.com...u guys always tell us...#1..stick with it, the sides will go away... and i have never been warned about permanent libido loss... ive awlawys been told they will go away when u quit.....????????????????????

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Side effects on Finasteride are extremely rare. Studies indicate that only 2% of people experience sides, most of which will disappear with time. It's mostly those who experience side effects and/or those with moral obligations or poor outlooks that post here.

Def

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i understood the 2% risk as you will get low libido but it will go away once you stop.... solution...try propecia...

if i knew that there was potential to loose your libido permanently!!! i don't think i would have taken that risk...even if it was half a percent of those guys.... that's the difference here that you guys are missing.

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
No sides whatsoever here either. Maybe some watery-semen, but NO problems getting it up. Sorry to hear your troubles, being young its gotta suck.

shitimbald

Reaction score
jimmystanley said:
yes...but HairLossTalk.com...u guys always tell us...#1..stick with it, the sides will go away... and i have never been warned about permanent libido loss... ive awlawys been told they will go away when u quit.....????????????????????

what throws me off is that we're being told 2 different things here. I've often heard that when you experience sides from finasteride, to stick with it and they'll go away. But now what I'm hearing is that if you get sides, get off propecia to make sure the sides won't be permanent. wtf?

n1kki6

Established Member
Reaction score
The only people that complain are the ones with the problems, now im not discounting your situation but if everyone who was on propecia that still has a great libido came to the message boards and posted about their hard ons we would never get to talk hairloss. I been on finasteride for a year with no side effects and the last thing i am going to do is post about how great my libido has stayed since being on it.

If you were decreasing your amount that much and still couldnt get hard i would think it would have to be a mental thing. A mental placibo effect can work both positively and negatively

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
My labido got bad after I started finasteride. Been on it now for like 7 or 8 months (I kinda forget when I started) and it's perfectly fine. Every now and then i'll get a bit of a weak erection but it's nothing a lil L-Arginine can't take care of.

A

Administrator

shitimbald said:
jimmystanley said:

what throws me off is that we're being told 2 different things here. I've often heard that when you experience sides from finasteride, to stick with it and they'll go away. But now what I'm hearing is that if you get sides, get off propecia to make sure the sides won't be permanent. wtf?
Alright look...

This is all about perspective.

Every drug on the planet has a potential for side effects. How many of you have taken or would consider taking v****? Were you aware that some people have died from it?

If you are worried about Propecia S.E., then make your own educated decision as an adult. Don't take it.

Admin

hairfin

Established Member
Reaction score
i dont mind finasteride affecting the c*** now, but after stopping in afew yrs will it get back to normal?

Flyertom

Reaction score
Def said:
Side effects on Finasteride are extremely rare. Studies indicate that only 2% of people experience sides, most of which will disappear with time.

I don't believe this low number. I know some people who suffer like me from side effects. The main one is the lower libido. I don't have erectile dysfunction but the demand for having sex is dramatically lower compared to the time w/o finasteride. That's for sure. But I can live with that.

Tom

Petchsky

Reaction score
I only had side effects for the first two weeks....but there are some, a minority, that do suffer bad side effects that linger. imo...