Finistaride Side Effects Blood Test

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are there any tests we can get to see if we will be hit by bad finistaride side effects?

northpole1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if blood tests show something,then u see where is problem,if nothing then is just in your head.In the most cases people have raised estrogen levels.Everyone suffer some sides at some degree.If u fell normal,doesnt mean that blood levels are all ok.If u consider finasteride,start with 0,25mg and slowly up the dosage,and when u should quit dont do cold turkey.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was about to start a thread with a similar theme. I've heard everyone on finasteride long term should get blood tests done (sides or no sides) so what I want to know is how often you should do this? Someone I spoke to mentioned maybe every 2 years or do people think this is too long?

yess

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was about to start a thread with a similar theme. I've heard everyone on finasteride long term should get blood tests done (sides or no sides) so what I want to know is how often you should do this? Someone I spoke to mentioned maybe every 2 years or do people think this is too long?
Why do we need to get blood tests?

g.i joey

Reaction score
check for estrogen levels and make sure theyre not too high, also make sure the testo:estro ratio is in check as having low testo with midlevel estrogen values can still effect you negatively. Gotta keep dat der testo high while on finasteride to regulate the 15% increase in estro.

yess

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
check for estrogen levels and make sure theyre not too high, also make sure the testo:estro ratio is in check as having low testo with midlevel estrogen values can still effect you negatively. Gotta keep dat der testo high while on finasteride to regulate the 15% increase in estro.
Workout like a beast to keep testo high?

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why do we need to get blood tests?

I think g.i joey has answered your question much better then I could yess!

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Sorry to quote myself but does anyone know the answer my question - How often should you get blood tests done while on finasteride?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Once a year for two years, and if everything is normal range, then every two years. If your first test is out of whack, test every six months until values are normal.

INT

Reaction score
if blood tests show something,then u see where is problem,if nothing then is just in your head.

Does not have to be the case. Even people with PFS can have hormonal values that are relatively normal. Let's not forget, finasteride does not only effect 3 hormones, it does much more.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does not have to be the case. Even people with PFS can have hormonal values that are relatively normal. Let's not forget, finasteride does not only effect 3 hormones, it does much more.

What else does it affect? I've not been able to find that PFS has any cause but hormone imbalance.