Finestride and Rats

stepbehind

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been taking Finestride for about 2 years now but recently I've heard some disconcerting news about it that I was hoping to get verified by someone much more knowledgeable. Someone recently told me that in a study done with rats being given finestride that the rats have been having penile tissue degradation. I'm hoping that this person is just grossly misinformed. Has anyone heard of this research or anything close to it? Thanks.

JW

Reaction score
I actually read the study. Someone posted a link to it several months ago. I went to a urologist and I asked him about it. He told me not to worry about it. First, he stated that that rats got huge dosages of finasteride in that study. Second, he stated that finasteride has a different effect in rats than in humans. Third, he stated that he has been prescribing Proscar for years for hundreds if not thousands of patients. Proscar contains 5 times the finasteride as Propecia. He stated that he has never seen penile tissue degradation in his patients. Finally, there was not really penile degradation in the rats given finasteride. The collagen fibers in the penile tissue were disorganized but still there.

stepbehind

Reaction score
Thanks JW, that's all a big relief. Guess that means I can stick with it until the next great big treatment comes along.