Finesteride - My Experience So Far, Hope This Helps Someone.

Vis78

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all, so I decided to take the plunge with Finesteride as I was heading toward a Norwood stage 4 rapidly. I struggled with the idea of taking it and read so many posts, some good, some bad... some just plain scary! So like some and to hopefully provide some useful information to others thinking about taking this stuff here is my experience up to the end of week 2. Yes, I know it's early day but I will update this thread weekly hopefully with my progress. I am a scientist by trade and by personality, I come with no bias, no predisposition toward the up or down sides to this medication, just a simple relay of my experiences.

Week 1: It seemed like I was shedding toward the end of the first week, but if I was then it wasn't a huge amount. Hair seemed a little fluffier than usual. All this could be something other than the Finesteride. The one thing that I did notice was a very slight ball ache. Nothing major, most of the time not even noticeable unless one of them got hit or knocked around a bit.

Week 2: Mostly the same as week 1, same amount of shedding, same fluffy hair same ball ache. However my sex drive has increased and I am getting bigger boners than before with no problems keeping them. Also my gym recovery time has reduced by an amount that I have been able to notice. I'm not lifting much heavier but I am recovering faster.

Now, what I do know so far is that my experiences seem to be completely opposite to other peoples own experiences. I have no idea why this is.. perhaps in time I will experience similar negative side effects that other have had. All I do know is that at the end of week 2 I am absolutely over the moon with what's happened. I have thinner hair but that's to be expected so I'm told so I'll just keep with it for at least 12 months. I am happy to come back weekly or biweekly to update.

I hope this helps someone... I was nervous about taking it but so far all is well.

Vis78

My Regimen
Reaction score
My apologies, I didn't realise there was a specific forum for posting stories like this. Would a mod kindly move it to the correct forum. Many thanks.