Finesteride 1mg Daily Increase To 2mg Now Experience A Backlash???

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi mate.. that 2nd links a bit of a worrying read isnt it..
Thanks for those links..

It sure is. Recent study shows that saw palmetto doesnt have this affect on the prostate. If one stops saw palmetto the androgen receptors return back to normal. I guess the meganisme in wich they work is different.

Will edit with the study.

A1pup

My Regimen
Reaction score
It sure is. Recent study shows that saw palmetto doesnt have this affect on the prostate. If one stops saw palmetto the androgen receptors return back to normal. I guess the meganisme in wich they work is different.

Will edit with the study.
Hmm.. now that is interesting, I tried a saw palmetto topically but in a really small dose and guess what? Turns out I'm allergic to it, well that brand which I can't remember.. but could I take it internally? and do you know how effective its be up against finasteride?
Sorry for all the questions mate.. but I'm a little concerned now.. but you can frighten yourself to death reading stuff on the internet can't you..lol

Kind thanks

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Half Life of finasteride is eight hours taking it twice a day wasn't a bad idea. Can you split your dose of 1mg to two .5mg doses?

A1pup

My Regimen
Reaction score
That,d be an option wouldn't it.. good idea mate, but I think I'll continue with my 1mg in the mornings for now until I've got a year under my belt.. and then make a decision.. but thank you kindly for you suggestion.

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm.. now that is interesting, I tried a saw palmetto topically but in a really small dose and guess what? Turns out I'm allergic to it, well that brand which I can't remember.. but could I take it internally? and do you know how effective its be up against finasteride?
Sorry for all the questions mate.. but I'm a little concerned now.. but you can frighten yourself to death reading stuff on the internet can't you..lol

Kind thanks

Yeah we can scare ourselves easy with googling all the bad sides. Doesnt mean they dont exist.

As far as my research goes. Seems like saw palmetto is a safer bet and you can take the pill form. I use Proviform Saw Palmetto Extract Softgels. I added some saw palmetto research and added a picture from perfecthairhealth.

Attachments

• Finasteride-versus-saw-palmetto-min-1-1024x614.jpg
    Finasteride-versus-saw-palmetto-min-1-1024x614.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 98
  • KAYNAK 37.pdf
    552.3 KB · Views: 97

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Half Life of finasteride is eight hours taking it twice a day wasn't a bad idea. Can you split your dose of 1mg to two .5mg doses?

It has as short half life but it suicides 5ar for a while, taking twice a day is pointless.

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd disagree, keeping a consistent blood serum content be a good idea
Not sure why it would be, if you have 5ar2 enzymes available finasteride is going to bind to them regardless of the blood serum level, if you dont have 5ar2s available finasteride wont have anything to bind to even if you take 5 proscar pills. Although in very high doses of finasteride it starts considerably inhibiting 5ar1.

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure why it would be, if you have 5ar2 enzymes available finasteride is going to bind to them regardless of the blood serum level, if you dont have 5ar2s available finasteride wont have anything to bind to even if you take 5 proscar pills. Although in very high doses of finasteride it starts considerably inhibiting 5ar1.
so taking 5 proscar pills at once wouldn't be more effective than taking ¹/5 of a proscar tablet ? Well yeah that's what I'm saying lol

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
so taking 5 proscar pills at once wouldn't be more effective than taking ¹/5 of a proscar tablet ? Well yeah that's what I'm saying lol

You were saying taking twice a day is beneficial? what is the reasoning behind that when finasteride binds to 5ar for like 4/5 days?

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it would, because it is 25x the dose, but the result is highly disproportionate to the dose. Taking however 5 tables and 2 tablets is pretty much the same although your serum finasteride levels would be 2.5 times lower

A1pup

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd disagree, keeping a consistent blood serum content be a good idea
I'm in the uk and dont think being able to keep going to doctors for bloods plus they only tell you if something is off..lol, so unless theres another way of obtaining that information? But thank you for your reply mate..

A1pup

My Regimen
Reaction score
May I ask about my topical saw palmetto allergy reaction I had tho.. I was at the time using "zix mk2" as a topical which contained a very pure sourced saw palmetto in my regimen along with a true "overmacho laser helmet 500 diode helmet" which I built from a kit from the man himself "John" in the USA.. had initial results, hair thickening initially but wasn't addressing the internal DHt problem so after 3yrs I sold...

I really do appreciate all these replies guys such a positive and friendly response.. I thank you "all kindly..

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
May I ask about my topical saw palmetto allergy reaction I had tho.. I was at the time using "zix mk2" as a topical which contained a very pure sourced saw palmetto in my regimen along with a true "overmacho laser helmet 500 diode helmet" which I built from a kit from the man himself "John" in the USA.. had initial results, hair thickening initially but wasn't addressing the internal DHt problem so after 3yrs I sold...

I really do appreciate all these replies guys such a positive and friendly response.. I thank you "all kindly..

What is the question sir?

A1pup

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the question sir?
Sorry mate.. I didn't make that quite clear did I, when I was using topical saw palmetto I had an allergic reaction to it so how would i be taking it internally? If that's possible to answer..I did try and single the ingredients of zix mk2 out and applied each ingredient individually without a problem but when I applied the saw palmetto I had an allergic reaction to it..

That was what I was meaning, I apologise for any confusion.. my bad.

A1pup

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry mate.. I didn't make that quite clear did I, when I was using topical saw palmetto I had an allergic reaction to it so how would i be taking it internally? If that's possible to answer..I did try and single the ingredients of zix mk2 out and applied each ingredient individually without a problem but when I applied the saw palmetto I had an allergic reaction to it..

That was what I was meaning, I apologise for any confusion.. my bad.
Just to add I used each ingredients separately over a few days to be sure.. zix hair topical back then came boxed up containing all the individual ingredients and you make the mixture yourself so this was easy to identify that saw palmetto was the culprit.. I had an itching red scalp, cracking headache and just felt generally unwell..

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just to add I used each ingredients separately over a few days to be sure.. zix hair topical back then came boxed up containing all the individual ingredients and you make the mixture yourself so this was easy to identify that saw palmetto was the culprit.. I had an itching red scalp, cracking headache and just felt generally unwell..

Its hard to say. If the topical Saw palmetto gave you problems i wouldnt risk it. At least not without discussing it with a doctor.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The efficacy increase from 0.50 to 1 to 2 mg is not that big (only 9%). The prescribed dose in south Korea for finasteride is 0.25

if the efficancy from 0.5 mg to 1mg is only 9%, then why is everyone taking 1mg and not half a mg?