Finding an asian male for advice on crown toupee?

kneehowguys

Reaction score
Can you help me find an Asian male who had a hairpiece, especially crown hairpiece? I'd like to talk to him, ask his advice and experiences.

Such as

1. What'd be your advice for getting the best results? Best product, best hair techs, combining w/ other things like pigmentation or caboki, etc?

2. Any problems you ran into specific to Asian hair?

NW2 or NW3. 22 years old. Frontal recession, no thinning. Temples are basically gone. No crown loss. Hairline looks decent actually from some angles. I have a little bit more hair than him but a similar hairline shape: https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1100066651/Sam_Lam_MD.jpg

Thinking in the long run of getting a hair transplant in front and temples and abandoning the crown. It is quite possible I don't end up losing the crown. If I lose the crown, then I am thinking of getting a crown hairpiece. Would like to find some Asian men to talk to.

mynewwag

Reaction score
I'm South Asian and I got my first hair replacement unit at 23 and I honestly can say that it changes your outlook.

From your picture, it doesn't seem like you need that much help. You look great, honestly. But one thing I will say is that Caboki isn't the greatest for the front, because it's granules become a little more prominent on the temples in my experience.

kneehowguys

Reaction score
I just want to clarify that the picture is not me- but my hairline is similar.

What have you noticed about crown hairpieces with respect to wigs in terms of mimicking asian hair? Any brands recommend? I will be keeping hair medium length eventually- will hopefully have a transplant in front combed back onto my crown which I'm assuming will be bald eventually and have a crown hairpiece.

Any recommended brands or products? Any considerations for Asian hair in particular?

steve lester

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just want to clarify that the picture is not me- but my hairline is similar.

What have you noticed about crown hairpieces with respect to wigs in terms of mimicking asian hair? Any brands recommend? I will be keeping hair medium length eventually- will hopefully have a transplant in front combed back onto my crown which I'm assuming will be bald eventually and have a crown hairpiece.

Any recommended brands or products? Any considerations for Asian hair in particular?

Hi, I work for a company called Afrodite that sells toupee products and we have many Asian customers.
There are certain products that are very popular, such as adhesives like Vapon, and tapes like No Shine.
If you need specific advice, please get in contact, I'd be happy to help.