Finding A Custom Wig Seller Cos My Sides Have Gone Bald. My Heart's Broken

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It might not mean much, but I wouldn't look down on a girl if she wore a wig, it would be a non issue for me. Sorry you have to deal with this, hair loss has to be much worse for females.

Thank you. :) I have a very good friend who told me this too (he has had male pattern baldness since a young age but I've never told him about my hair loss).

I think it's stupid to place other people's happiness over mine when my hair loss has nothing to do with them. If boys have a problem with it, so be it.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you. :) I have a very good friend who told me this too (he has had male pattern baldness since a young age but I've never told him about my hair loss).

I think it's stupid to place other people's happiness over mine when my hair loss has nothing to do with them. If boys have a problem with it, so be it.

A wig wouldn't bother me either.

Part of it is I grew up in a religious Jewish environment. A lot of women cover their hair after marriage. So for me, women with wigs or wearing headscarves are common. I also have some Muslim friends, and they sometimes cover it before marriage.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is such a pity Samantha...
hang in there until some "miracle" cure finally comes out...

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is such a pity Samantha...
hang in there until some "miracle" cure finally comes out...

I hate to think my life would be in the hands of a bunch of unrealiable scientists. I know there are a lot of promising treatment to but I don't want to waste my 20s waiting for sth that might never happen, if the existing proven meds don't even work for me.

Thanks a lot for your words tho Robert.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hate to think my life would be in the hands of a bunch of unrealiable scientists. I know there are a lot of promising treatment to but I don't want to waste my 20s waiting for sth that might never happen, if the existing proven meds don't even work for me.

If it can help a bit, I am one of those who would not really care if a woman wore a wig. I have known women with thinning hair and if they are attractive from other points of view you can really forget totally about their hair loss and/or wig..
And you just start to like them...
I know it is a limited help but I swear it is not pep talk.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it can help a bit, I am one of those who would not really care if a woman wore a wig. I have known women with thinning hair and if they are attractive from other points of view you can really forget totally about their hair loss and/or wig..
And you just start to like them...
I know it is a limited help but I swear it is not pep talk.

I really appreciate your kind words :) I will find that guy who just loves my wigs lol

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am very tempted to get a scalp biopsy as i seriously cannot believe how diffuse my hair loss is. I know DPA is a type of Androgenetic Alopecia too but i thought it wouldn't affect the bottom of my head so badly :(

What would the purpose of the biopsy be? Like, what sort of things/conditions could it determine are at play outside of AA etc.?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Thats the thing too, it's something we can't really control. That was making me nuts a few months ago.

Yeah where I live a lot of black girls do amazing things with weaves..that was the route I personally was going to take if mine had gotten worse (or if it gets worse in future)..but its expensive of course to keep up with it..I was going to do the type that they use a net 'cap' so your bio hair is somewhat protected, so I would have probably had to have it adjusted/redone/tightened etc more often that a regular weave.
I learnt a lot about wigs when I was misdiagnosed with Areata (they thought I had a very rare, defuse kind long story lol)
But I am not an expert on them but if you have some questions I can share what I do know/remember.

On Facebook 'Alopecia Areata' is a great resource for wigs its ALL kinds of hair loss members but mostly AA but they know just about everything about wigs good and bad, high end vs low end, synthetic vs human..pros and cons etc.
It is a private group so if you join its never going to show up on your regular FB feed.
It is run by someone names Melanie Moyer.

Last edited:

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really appreciate your kind words :) I will find that guy who just loves my wigs lol

yes you will, I still think its harder for a bald guy to find a decent girl than a bald/ing girl to find a decent guy.
Usually bald guys end up with the bottom of the barrel over weight nutsos with 3 kids. Unless the guy is some 6-4 super stud. The average bald guy is what is known in the world as the "last resort".
A guy with a wig is seen as even less than the bald guy. Someone society can openly point and mock. Do that to a woman with a wig? Oh god NO what kind of monster are you?!

I will say the same thing Id usually tell evil locks. If you keep your body in shape and face good youll be fine in the dating/sexual world. Men lose the "sex" part as soon as they lose their hair. The dating part can still linger but it WONT be good.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

my mother has been in a similar hair situation as you... obviously a lot less dramatic because she's in her sixties. She has been wearing a full piece for over a year. No one has ever even commented on it. Now, we don't even notice at all... it is just her "new hair".