Fincar after 1 year, need some suggestions

Rocki

Reaction score
Been on 1 mg of Fincar for over a year now and all though the miniaturization of the hair has stopped. My temple area as well as my baldspot on the top part of my head is still thinning, albeit at a slower rate I suppose.

I'm currently splitting 5mg of Fincar into 1 mg chunks and is using Nizoral twice a week. Should I stick with this regiment for longer to see how it goes? Would uping it to 1.25mg help, effectively cutting the pill into quarters?

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why not start adding minoxidil to your regimen now that you've given finasteride a full year and worked out what benefits you're personally gaining from it? If I don't see signs of regrowth after 6 months I will probably do that myself as I'm looking for improvement rather than just being stuck at this stage of hairloss, it's actually been very effective at stabalizing my hair so far so which is great.

Rocki

Reaction score
How are the side effects of minoxidil? My skin have gotten more oily and had more break outs after finasteride. I'm afraid I might trade one problem for another if I start minoxidil. :/

G

Rocki said:
How are the side effects of minoxidil? My skin have gotten more oily and had more break outs after finasteride. I'm afraid I might trade one problem for another if I start minoxidil. :/

The new Rogaine foam is tolerated very well by nearly every one, it shouldn´t give you any side effects at all and dry very fast. Give it a chance and worry about side effects when you actually get them.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Rocki said:

I'm not too sure about minoxidil sides actually, as it's topical I'd imagine there are far fewer of them than there are with finasteride, all of the significant success stories I've read included minoxidil in the regimen. The main downside from what I've read is that it can be a pain to apply twice a day forevermore.. saying that.. if your hair improves i doubt you'd begrudge the effort. As with all treatments.. a small percentage of people believe it to have damaged their hair further but when the time comes I will personally just start it and see it through as I have responded well so far.

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
that's crazy to think that your skin became more oily. my skin, which was very oily before, became completely the opposite. solved my acne.