Finastride - When You Stop What Happens?

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What happens if you take it for 6 months - are happy with the results and then stop?

Once you take finastride, is it something you have to take forever?

The same like people say about Minoxidil, once on it, it's part of your daily routine and if you stop it then you can expect to lose hair even faster

br1

Reaction score
You will revert gradually to where you would have been without it.
Not really "gradually".. In my case I took finasteride straight for 13 years, my hair was the same all this time.

I decided to quit, and in 2 months I had lost 1 norwood. Jumped back to finasteride immediately.. I believe in 6 months to 1 year, I would be on my "final norwood", maybe quicker as it was speeding up..

sh*t is scary.

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not really "gradually".. In my case I took finasteride straight for 13 years, my hair was the same all this time.

I decided to quit, and in 2 months I had lost 1 norwood. Jumped back to finasteride immediately.. I believe in 6 months to 1 year, I would be on my "final norwood", maybe quicker as it was speeding up..

sh*t is scary.

So what do you recommend? Don't take or take it and you better stick with it for years to come

Do you have kids? Did it effect any side effects when it comes to sex?

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So what do you recommend? Don't take or take it and you better stick with it for years to come

Mate make the call lol. Ur asking million questions about finasteride. You pick up a pill and swallow at night. It becomes like brushing your teeth. Easy.

If you get sides you stop. Easy

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"One recent study published in Neuroendocrinology found that after 20 days of finasteride exposure, male rats showed altered levels of a whole host of neurosteroids and receptors in their brains. Thirty days after going off the drug, the changes were more pronounced than when they were on the drug.

Studies in humans have only just begun, at Baylor, Boston University, and elsewhere, so it's way too early to draw firm conclusions. But the theory surrounding what some patients call "the crash" goes something like this: Cells in the brain and genitals are starved of important hormones while on the drug, so they grow more receptors to sop up all that they can get. Once the drug is discontinued, the hormones come flooding back with more than the cells can handle, which hurts or kills them. "Essentially, the cells get too much DHT, it puts them in overdrive and it burns them out," says Jacobs. So even if the body starts making all those missing compounds again, the tissue has trouble using them. "

https://tonic.vice.com/en_us/article/gqy...-loss-drug

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
"One recent study published in Neuroendocrinology found that after 20 days of finasteride exposure, male rats showed altered levels of a whole host of neurosteroids and receptors in their brains. Thirty days after going off the drug, the changes were more pronounced than when they were on the drug.

Studies in humans have only just begun, at Baylor, Boston University, and elsewhere, so it's way too early to draw firm conclusions. But the theory surrounding what some patients call "the crash" goes something like this: Cells in the brain and genitals are starved of important hormones while on the drug, so they grow more receptors to sop up all that they can get. Once the drug is discontinued, the hormones come flooding back with more than the cells can handle, which hurts or kills them. "Essentially, the cells get too much DHT, it puts them in overdrive and it burns them out," says Jacobs. So even if the body starts making all those missing compounds again, the tissue has trouble using them. "

That link is broken. Can you post a working one? Does that indicate tapering off would be the best policy?

br1

Reaction score

In the end it is your call... If you decide on taking it, then I would recommend the 1mg dose consistently for years (as many years as you want to have your hair)...

I do have 1 kid (7yrs old now). Never had any sexual issues. But I remember taking a 3 months break when trying to get my wife pregnant (I did not want any finasteride on my system). She got pregnant 1 month after 'trying'. :)
He's a very healthy boy.

Good luck.

br1

Reaction score

Makes sense.. But I believe the body can adjust itself on the long run. As long as you don't keep taking / stopping/ changing dose, etc... (my opinion, not science)

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Wouldn't it be the same for the receptors in our scalp then too? Increased receptors = faster hairloss after quitting?

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be the same for the receptors in our scalp then too? Increased receptors = faster hairloss after quitting?

I've been thinking this is the case for a while. But like everything else regarding this subject, we probably won't see a study on this.

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
But actually i dunno

What happens to these guys who inject steroids and have an abnormal high dht lvl..do the surviving hairfolicles are more dht resistant?

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But actually i dunno

What happens to these guys who inject steroids and have an abnormal high dht lvl..do the surviving hairfolicles are more dht resistant?
Not to mention most people who quit finasteride recover in a matter of weeks, a couple of months latest, so there could be some other problems with people that have persistent problems