Finastride Immediate Shedding

HLGuy

Reaction score
Hi, I'm 23, and I tried some generic finastride, after years of debating whether to use it or not.
I started taking about 0.6 mg per day. By day 3, (2 days after starting) I noticed massive shedding, mainly in the shower, but excessive shedding throughout the day. I easily 3x my shedding during the 3 weeks I was on it. I know i'm supposed to shed but I read that it shouldn't be that immediately. I also had a high sex drive, and huge amounts of semen, peter north style loads, 16 again. A week in I started getting acne on my face (I rarely break out).

I recently quit taking it. 3 days from the last pill, my shedding dropped to about 2x pre-finasteride levels. Around that time, my sex drive is back to normal, little less hardness/volume than before the finasteride. Seems to have recovered to normal levels now (6-7 days off), still higher shedding than before finasteride.

Anyone have experience with this? Is it normal to shed immediately? Should I restart at a lower dose? or an EOD dose?

Hairbackpls

Reaction score
Hi, I'm 23, and I tried some generic finastride, after years of debating whether to use it or not.
I started taking about 0.6 mg per day. By day 3, (2 days after starting) I noticed massive shedding, mainly in the shower, but excessive shedding throughout the day. I easily 3x my shedding during the 3 weeks I was on it. I know i'm supposed to shed but I read that it shouldn't be that immediately. I also had a high sex drive, and huge amounts of semen, peter north style loads, 16 again. A week in I started getting acne on my face (I rarely break out).

I recently quit taking it. 3 days from the last pill, my shedding dropped to about 2x pre-finasteride levels. Around that time, my sex drive is back to normal, little less hardness/volume than before the finasteride. Seems to have recovered to normal levels now (6-7 days off), still higher shedding than before finasteride.

Anyone have experience with this? Is it normal to shed immediately? Should I restart at a lower dose? or an EOD dose?

im 19. I have pretty similiar experience. I started 1mg generic finasteride week ago and got same sides as you: high sex drive, hard erection (one morning my morning wood was so hard that it hurtd xD), and shedding started immatedly... I didint get acne breakouts tho. less oily skin i think, but im on accutane too so idk :D.. but i will stay on finasteride for 3 months no matter what.

so i would say that you should try finasteride for 3 months atleast. you are damn lucky not getting the loss of libido and numb dick. you will regret it if you dont even try.

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score
Just take the pill for 1 year and try not to think about it.. sides are rare but if you spend all your time worrying about them then for sure you will think you're getting them..

The placebo effect has a much higher incidence rate than the sides do..

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
the hair loss wasn't associated with finasteride. Its impossible. It was natural variance that caused any perceived increase in shedding. And your shedding did not drop due to the finasteride within days. Just lmao you barely know anything about hair's life cycles if you believe this

switching doseage wont matter, just get back on it and stop imagining things, and blaming every thing that happens on the pill. I have no idea why you stopped in the first place