Finastride and Testosterone

nomen

Reaction score
I have heard rumors that finastride elevates your testosterone levels due to the loss of conversion too DHT is that true? If, is this effect permanent or does the body change its production of testosterone to a lower level?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bubka, we've been over this. It doesn't go back to normal. It stays elevated for as long as you take finasteride.

Bryan

docj077

Reaction score
Nothing. Even a 10% increase is still within the physiological intervals that surround the physiological set point of testosterone in the body. There may be some slight adjustment in some people, but it probably wouldn't even be noticable.

bubka

Reaction score
with the decrease in DHT, the similar androgen Estrogen can also increase as a result, causing the gyno

docj077

Reaction score
Like Bubka said, testosterone is converted to estrogen by aromatase. Even the slightest increase in testosterone can raise estrogen levels, as well.

tpeter

Established Member
Reaction score
nomen said:
I have heard rumors that finastride elevates your testosterone levels due to the loss of conversion too DHT is that true? If, is this effect permanent or does the body change its production of testosterone to a lower level?

yes but its not a good thing. DHT is a natural aromatase inhibitor, also the increased test you have is converted to estrogen. So yes you will have more test but you will also have alot more female in you.

I hate the fact that im messing with my hormones but i cant seem to quit.

G

tpeter said:
nomen said:

yes but its not a good thing. DHT is a natural aromatase inhibitor, also the increased test you have is converted to estrogen. So yes you will have more test but you will also have alot more female in you.

I hate the fact that im messing with my hormones but i cant seem to quit.

come on, doesn't mess with them make you feel sexy?

even just a little bit?

ooh yeahh

nomen

Reaction score
More estrogen sucks, though I guess that will not hurt my hair!

An other reason I think why people get gyno is because DHT actully act as a anti estrogen. DHT binds alot better to male genetic recepotors and shuts out the estrogen. But with the lack of DHT, estrogen will bind alot more and effects related to that will be more visible then before!

Do u guys think a anit estrogen would be wise such as nolvadex? Yes I know suppresing estrogen too much can be really bad. But perhaps a very low dosage wouldnt hurt you?

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
people worry so much! we do things much worse like eat BigMacs, drink Coke, smoke cigarrettes and people are worried about the 15% increase in testosterone finasteride causes!

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
MPBWarrior said:
people worry so much! we do things much worse like eat BigMacs, drink Coke, smoke cigarrettes and people are worried about the 15% increase in testosterone finasteride causes!

I don't do any of those things however. Although, I have taken finasteride.

RSG

Reaction score
From the dosage studies, why does .5mg cause a greater spike in test than 1mg of finasteride?

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
if it increases test by 10 % why do some men get impotent

Curly

Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for 3 months now. I've noticed a definite increase in body hair. I'm only 19 but I was an early bloomer. Before I took finasteride, last summer my body hair levels really tapered off, but now that I'm on finasteride im getting a lot more hair, like even on my interior biceps(20 or so long black hairs) I have a fairly hairy chest and belly but no man in my family or extended familyeven has shoulder hair and I'm getting that, too. Could this be a result of increased testosterone? even only a 10% increase?

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Curly said:
I've been on finasteride for 3 months now. I've noticed a definite increase in body hair. I'm only 19 but I was an early bloomer. Before I took finasteride, last summer my body hair levels really tapered off, but now that I'm on finasteride im getting a lot more hair, like even on my interior biceps(20 or so long black hairs) I have a fairly hairy chest and belly but no man in my family or extended familyeven has shoulder hair and I'm getting that, too. Could this be a result of increased testosterone? even only a 10% increase?

DHT (not testosterone) is responsible for body hair growth so finasteride is, in fact, known to reduce body hair.

I noticed you're on minoxidil....that, on the other hand, can promote body hair growth in some people.

I'd say your problem is the minoxidil...it's definately not finasteride.

italianbello

Reaction score
I have been taking finasteride for about two months and starting to noticed side effects of steroids, so this make me wonder if my Test levels can be much higher then 10 or 15%. When I see acne, tender breastisist and shrinkage of nut sack, to me this means I am on roids when in fact I am taking 1mg of finasteride. I wonder if this means I can hit heavy weights :lol: