Finastride 1 year update

morphuesX

Reaction score
Hi guys
Thought i would chip in with a little update on me...i've been using finastride for little over a year now (started on 6-December-2003)..results were pretty decent..though my hairline continued to recede slowly..yet overall thickness improved..but i was more than happy....this was until one month back and i started losing hair like i used to.....all the familiar signs were coming back..hair in the shower/comb, oily scalp..it doesnt seem like a shed to me..it looks like my normal hairloss is coming back all over again...its so frustrating!!..iam beggining to wonder if finasteride has lost its effectiveness on me??.. :roll:
i've also added minoxidil 5% 1ml per day two weeks back to see if it helps

morpheus

Reaction score
it may have started before, but its carrying on longer than it may have done due to minoxidil, things should stabilise

when did you start shedding before the minoxidil, and for how long, have you made any changes to lifestyle, consumption etc thatmay have led to this, analyse all the other possibilities before concluding the finasteride has become ineffective, also are you sure it had become ineffective, unless your body has now compensated for the lower DHT levels by producing more reductase, have you been under stress recently? or inc sex activity, or weightlifting, lack of sleep? all these things can lead to a temp increase in DHT

morphuesX

Reaction score
yep!!..even iam trying to find some reason why things have gone awry all of a sudden...i just hope its something temporary rather finasteride losing its effectiviness..iam totally screwed if thats the case!! :cry:

Stingray

Reaction score
Ok, one year on it and you STILL can't spell it? You sure you're using the right stuff?

morphuesX

Reaction score
F..I..N..A..S..T..R..I..D..E

thats the right spelling isnt it?..or is it??!! :lol:

but iam sure iam using the right stuff!!! :)

Stingray

Reaction score
Read the label, read the 40,000,000 iterations of the word per page.
F I N A S T ---E--- R I D E

morphuesX

Reaction score
yeah..yeah.. An Extra "E" before the "R"!!..got it

now give my hair back and ill be on my way!! :hairy: