Finasterides Effect On The Prostate

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The last month or something i have been urinating more and my bladder feels abit more sensitive to feeling full and i thought that may be down to Finasteride shrinking my prostate but as i did more research i hear that a shrunken prostate shouldn't actually do that and that an enlarged prostate would more likely be the culprit for that.

now one culprit for an enlarged prostate is apparently "Excessive DHT" and recently i have also had an itchy scalp in the thinning areas too and i don't know whether thats a shed related to products i am using or infact --> DHT. although i can't say i am experiencing any high testosterone symptoms like Acne, more face/body hair, increased libido or aggression though

I been taking finastered every other day for about 3 or 4 months or something and only had a scalp each when i took it daily and so decided to go with every other day. and early on my hair might have thickened up abit for a brief period. but things have got abit more sensitive and weird lately

Last edited:

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
what's your question dude?
i have always had a small bladder / frequent urination and for me finasteride didn't alter that, but it did slightly change how i urinated, it is hard to explain but it felt a little more difficult to get all the urine out / the stream wasn't as strong and it would dribble more at the end.
that went away after about a month.
unfortunately i think the only way you can know for sure if your prostate is enlarged is to get a doctor to either manually probe it or get imaging done. i can't see how it would grow on finasteride though with only a small amount of DHT.

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
finasteride has done wonders for mine. I had mild BPH and finasteride has completely knocked it out. Hair is much better too.