Finasterides Affect On Skin And Wrinkles

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You know i spent alot of time keeping track of my skin to make sure it wasn't greasy as i heard that would be a bad sign for the drug but my skin has looked more dry then it has in a long time

But then thats another issue... my skin looks really tired, forehead wrinkles look more noticable, am losing firmness under eyeslids which is really quite shocking and i generally look older lately.

So i decided to do some research and found a thread called "Atrophy of subcutaneous adipic layer around the eyes" and noticed alot of people saying they experienced wrinkles and loss of firmness from finasteride? and there is all this talk of whether its cortisol related, dht related or something else all together.

I might have to go back to taking finasteride every second day again just to see whether there is any improvement because this is kinda scary.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
You know i spent alot of time keeping track of my skin to make sure it wasn't greasy as i heard that would be a bad sign for the drug but my skin has looked more dry then it has in a long time

But then thats another issue... my skin looks really tired, forehead wrinkles look more noticable, am losing firmness under eyeslids which is really quite shocking and i generally look older lately.

So i decided to do some research and found a thread called "Atrophy of subcutaneous adipic layer around the eyes" and noticed alot of people saying they experienced wrinkles and loss of firmness from finasteride? and there is all this talk of whether its cortisol related, dht related or something else all together.

I might have to go back to taking finasteride every second day again just to see whether there is any improvement because this is kinda scary.

Are you taking minoxidil as well? Because I can tell you I got all of this from minoxidil alone.

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hard to know what to believe. I've seen plenty of anecdotes from guys who have taken finasteride claiming that they look years younger. Is it happening in your tear trough area? Directly under the eye? I'm not saying it is but this happens frequently as you get older. This is usually corrected beautifully with a small amount of filler. Plenty of yt videos.

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Are you taking minoxidil as well? Because I can tell you I got all of this from minoxidil alone.

No i stopped taking minoxidil over a week ago

Now i am on spectral.DNC-N which has caffeine and azaliac acid in it so its possible it could be the Spectral.DNC-N maybe but people claim its side effect free.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
No i stopped taking minoxidil over a week ago

Now i am on spectral.DNC-N which has caffeine and azaliac acid in it so its possible it could be the Spectral.DNC-N maybe but people claim its side effect free.

If you were on minoxidil for a while it's almost certainly that and not the fina. minoxidil is well known to cause the side effects you describe. They wouldn't go completely away in a week if you took it for a while.

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could be also natural ageing

I doubt dht is an important anti ageing hormone..

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In retrospect i think unfortunately it may be the spectral.DHC-N thats doing it and not the finasteride.

I thought it might be the finasteride because the spectral.DNC-N looked like it had more natural ingredients and is meant to be side effect free BUT on the box it says its with "5% Nanoxidil" and i assumed that was just marketable name they made up to make it sound good but having done more research it sounds like Nanoxidil might actually be more like Minoxidil then i thought even though its meant to be a weaker alternative...

Which sucks because in the last couple of days i did notice a huge thickening effect on my hair that seemed way more thicker than when i used Minoxidil so i think Nanoxidil might actually be better IMO.

Unfortunately though i think i may also get the minoxidil side effects along with it because skin is starting to look tired and stressed and i am getting muscle weakness again which i got with minoxidil and brittle bones

This puts me in a tough situation now...

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
In retrospect i think unfortunately it may be the spectral.DHC-N thats doing it and not the finasteride.

I thought it might be the finasteride because the spectral.DNC-N looked like it had more natural ingredients and is meant to be side effect free BUT on the box it says its with "5% Nanoxidil" and i assumed that was just marketable name they made up to make it sound good but having done more research it sounds like Nanoxidil might actually be more like Minoxidil then i thought even though its meant to be a weaker alternative...

Which sucks because in the last couple of days i did notice a huge thickening effect on my hair that seemed way more thicker than when i used Minoxidil so i think Nanoxidil might actually be better IMO.

Unfortunately though i think i may also get the minoxidil side effects along with it because skin is starting to look tired and stressed and i am getting muscle weakness again which i got with minoxidil and brittle bones

This puts me in a tough situation now...

Nanoxidil is just their name for it from what I read, it's not the same chemical substance as minoxidil.

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Maybe i am completely reading to much into it but they make it sound like its similar.

A common question is what exactly is the difference between Minoxidil and Nanoxidil (ingredient of the lotion Spectral.DNC-N). In this article, we will go into detail about the answer to this question.

Minoxidil is a drug that was initially developed against hypertension. Clinical studies have shown that the test subjects got stronger hair growth because of the use of Minoxidil. As a lotion, it is one of the most well known treatments against hair loss. However, apart from this excellent effect, Minoxidil comes with a lot of side effects, such as heart problems, headaches, acne and local irritation. Women are more sensitive to Minoxidil, that is why it is recommended that women use a maximum concentration of 2%.

Nanoxidil was especially developed to maximize the stimulation of hair growth, by taking away the side effects of Minoxidil as a lotion and to surpass the effectiveness of stimulating hair growth. The difference between Minoxidil and Nanoxidil is mainly the difference in molecular structure. The agent Nanoxidil, which is responsible for opening the ion channels, has a larger molecular weight than Minoxidil. This is the reason it is absorbed better by the skin. Clinical studies have shown that Nanoxidil has much fewer side effects than Minoxidil.

The lotion Spectral.DNC-N contains, apart from Nanoxidil, various ingredients to promote the absorption and to improve the hair growth in multiple ways. Minoxidil lotions however usually only contain Minoxidil. Additional substances that stimulate hair growth include Adenosine, Aminexil, procyanide B2 and copper peptides.

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am getting the same brittle bones that i got on minoxidil so its having a similar effect.

Might be collagen related

When you can barely move your wrist without it cracking or popping you know something is wrong :/

Last edited:

Jyn

Reaction score
How old are you? Aging like that is normal as you enter late 20s through your 30s. For forehead wrinkles, botox can prevent those lines. For general skincare anti-aging, you should be using sunscreen and topicals like vitamin c serum and tretinoin.

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am 32 so yeah i probably should expect them but its a case when its a sudden thing where in about a week they go from less noticeable to very noticeable.

Somethings just stand out as abit odd.