Finasteride

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am 20 and a NWII. I am using rogaine, LLLT, keto 1% and viviscal. I am very scared to add finasteride. I would like those who have been on finasteride to tell me their experiences. I know I need it in my regimen but I am terrified of the side effects

wakka12

Reaction score
Why be afraid? If you're so afraid of side effects just try out the drug to see how it goes and then stop using it immediately if you notice any other side effects.

jimmypage

Reaction score
I'm 21 and been on finasteride for 3 and a half months. By now I'm shedding, started like 3 weeks ago. No improvement by now, neither side effects. 1mg per day, I hope the shed stops soon, in 2 days i'm having my hair cut and I don't wanna see the disaster.. haha.

lmao9955

Reaction score
I am 19. Started Finasteride like 40 days ago. Within 4 weeks my shedding had reduced from 80-100 hairs till 20-25. And now after 40 days the thick hairs hardly shed, maybe 5-6 in the shower. But the thin and minituarised ones are shedding. The itch is gone. Scalp feels healthy and good.

Best part is no side effects AT ALL yet. Initially had a super boost in libido but its all fine now. I feel that the side effects if Finasteride have been greatly exaggerated on the net. It is well tolerated and has an excellent safety profile. You won't know until and unless you try the drug. Side effects are most of the time psychological.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys are all offering great support and advice. What else do you guys use in your regimens?

kckckc

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Pavi, I joined in Dec 2015 and as you can see, I posted a ton during the past few weeks because I was so scared.

I'm nowhere near as experienced as some of the posters on this forum but I have done close to 96 hours of research so far. I've read all kinds of articles.

Don't be afraid to take finasteride. I just started recently so I'm in the same boat as you, I was terrified. So far, I have no side effects (though I cut the propecia pills in half so I can start with .5mg to save money and see if it's enough before upping it to 1mg.)

Also want to point out that I first started using rogaine for about a week but then I realized that I can always start that in the future if finasteride isn't working for me, because once you start, you'll have to use it forever and rogaine doesn't attack the root of the problem, it only alleviates. finasteride attacks the root.

My regimen consists of:

.5mg finasteride
regenepure 1% keto shampoo 2-3x a week
mixture of carrier oil/essential oils for hair health
will soon add tricomin spray for my crown and hairline
Daily supplements (incl. fish oil, pumpkin seed oil, and vitamins)

If it doesn't work, I'll be upping my finasteride dosage to 1mg. Then if that doesn't work, I'll be jumping on rogaine/lipogaine. If THAT doesn't work, then I'll look for a stronger topical DHT inhibitors.

PS. I'm not a doctor and I have no medical experience, and all my words are just opinions.

lmao9955

Reaction score
Hey Pavi, I joined in Dec 2015 and as you can see, I posted a ton during the past few weeks because I was so scared.

I'm nowhere near as experienced as some of the posters on this forum but I have done close to 96 hours of research so far. I've read all kinds of articles.

Don't be afraid to take finasteride. I just started recently so I'm in the same boat as you, I was terrified. So far, I have no side effects (though I cut the propecia pills in half so I can start with .5mg to save money and see if it's enough before upping it to 1mg.)

Also want to point out that I first started using rogaine for about a week but then I realized that I can always start that in the future if finasteride isn't working for me, because once you start, you'll have to use it forever and rogaine doesn't attack the root of the problem, it only alleviates. finasteride attacks the root.

My regimen consists of:

.5mg finasteride
regenepure 1% keto shampoo 2-3x a week
mixture of carrier oil/essential oils for hair health
will soon add tricomin spray for my crown and hairline
Daily supplements (incl. fish oil, pumpkin seed oil, and vitamins)

If it doesn't work, I'll be upping my finasteride dosage to 1mg. Then if that doesn't work, I'll be jumping on rogaine/lipogaine. If THAT doesn't work, then I'll look for a stronger topical DHT inhibitors.

PS. I'm not a doctor and I have no medical experience, and all my words are just opinions.

Would be much better if you would throw away the supplements that you are taking. Just a waste of money and time.

kckckc

Established Member
Reaction score
Would be much better if you would throw away the supplements that you are taking. Just a waste of money and time.

I take them for daily health, not really for hair. I had a blood test that indicated I was a little on the lower end (especially Vitamin D) so I'm taking vitamin supplements to fix that.

Fish oil and pumpkin seed oil makes me feel energetic in the morning.

br1

Reaction score
I've used finasteride for 15 years.. Maybe with a couple 3month breaks in between.. Back in the day I did not even know what finasteride was or what sides it could have. I was 23. I'm 38 now, my hair is basically the same as when I started. Never had any side. I also had a healthy baby 5yrs ago.

Actually, it was when I quit finasteride 2 months ago. now i think i'm loosing ground like crazy - maybe will get back to it. Maybe not.. now that I got into reading **** on the Internet about finasteride., I'm still trying to decide. Just went to my GP today, got diagnosed with prostate infection (which according to the Dr. nothing to do with finasteride, he said finasteride would have actually helped with the condition).. Took the chance and asked for a finasteride prescription, which he did not hesitated on giving me. He said he saw no problem with taking it.

I am a freaking hypochondriac, believe me when I say.. The mind can really create things, symptoms etc.. The other day I was pretty sure I was developing gyno, after reading a bunch of crap on the net.. I was so happy with my ignorance and my hair.....

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yeah never underestimate the placebo effect. Had you just kept taking it and never read anything you would have continued on fine with your hair.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've used finasteride for 15 years.. Maybe with a couple 3month breaks in between.. Back in the day I did not even know what finasteride was or what sides it could have. I was 23. I'm 38 now, my hair is basically the same as when I started. Never had any side. I also had a healthy baby 5yrs ago.

Actually, it was when I quit finasteride 2 months ago. now i think i'm loosing ground like crazy - maybe will get back to it. Maybe not.. now that I got into reading **** on the Internet about finasteride., I'm still trying to decide. Just went to my GP today, got diagnosed with prostate infection (which according to the Dr. nothing to do with finasteride, he said finasteride would have actually helped with the condition).. Took the chance and asked for a finasteride prescription, which he did not hesitated on giving me. He said he saw no problem with taking it.

I am a freaking hypochondriac, believe me when I say.. The mind can really create things, symptoms etc.. The other day I was pretty sure I was developing gyno, after reading a bunch of crap on the net.. I was so happy with my ignorance and my hair.....

So do you think I should get on it? I'm 20 and I would be okay with hair loss at 35-40 but not now.

xetudor

Established Member
Reaction score
It's the only aproved medication for hair loss that combats the root cause of hair loss. I take it. I recommend you have a dicussion with an understanding doctor and decide for yourself.

br1

Reaction score
So do you think I should get on it? I'm 20 and I would be okay with hair loss at 35-40 but not now.

Nobody can decide that for you.

I am still considering going back to it. I'm 38 and not okay with going bald. :-(

Reaction score
I am sorry if this is redundant. I am new to the world of forums. I was loosing my hair a few years ago in my mid 40's. I am a clinical pharmacist with a doctorate degree and familiar with the knowledge of medications. I invented a hair product that proved to be consistently effective for all age groups and genders. It was so miraculous that I patented it. It's currently patent pending. Please check out this website www.regrowthcenters.com to see the before and after pictures of patients on this compound. This will revolutionize the hair industry.