finasteride

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for almost 5 years, and minoxidil for almost 12 years now, and my temples have continued to receed, making my hair transplant even more obvious... I'm so desperate I'm going to start using my lasercomb again. I had stopped because I read on here it could do more harm than good.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
erm, if I was that desperate i'd start the dutasteride before I bothered with something like a laser comb.

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, if you've kept your density on top, then I think after 5 years you've done quite well if you're not seeing any thinning. Receeding temples are a b**ch, but I think the density on top is more important - but that could be just my preference. As flimflam said, maybe you could try dutasteride if finasteride is no longer doing its job?

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Stu85 said:
Well, if you've kept your density on top, then I think after 5 years you've done quite well if you're not seeing any thinning. Receeding temples are a b****, but I think the density on top is more important - but that could be just my preference. As flimflam said, maybe you could try dutasteride if finasteride is no longer doing its job?

the rest of my hair is very dense, but I have a massive forehead, making it look unnatural.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sounds like hair transplant for hairline would put you back to normal..have you thought about it. Meds can only do so much....

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nick4441 said:
Sounds like hair transplant for hairline would put you back to normal..have you thought about it. Meds can only do so much....

Already have. They used up my entire donor supply just on my hairline, and it still looks horrible. I have nothing else I can do until they do hair multiplication or body hair transplants. that's why I'm going to try the lasercomb..