Finasteride - your experience with Generic or Propecia?

Benster

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know this question has been posted many times before but need another opinion on starting finasteride again after a 5 year gap.
I used to take generic finasteride 1mg for over a year and didn't notice much difference. Switched to Propecia and started noticing sexual sides and I stopped completely. Did not continue with any finasteride since.
Looking to start Propecia again at a lower dose to reduce the sexual sides but the cost of it compared to Generic finasteride is putting me off.
I am guessing the sides I got with Propecia in the past means it was actually working whereas the Generic finasteride did not give me any sides and I saw no benefits in terms or growing or maintaining.
Any advice?
Thanks

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some Generic finasteride works great, some doesn't. different sensations or reactions between different brands are also not uncommon, although many people say they never notice any difference.

just do what you have kind of already worked out, either see how you get on with a lower dose of Propecia or use an Generic that is owned or overseen by a western pharmaceutical corporation..

the vast majority of generics available with western sounding names are in fact just subsidiaries owned by Indian manufactures and are probably best avoided at the start, unless you have previously good results from one of their products.

Tiyi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Got finpecia. It works great. No difference to me.
So happy :) I've got finasteride here with promocode "GET10"

Last edited:

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Got finpecia. It works great. No difference to me.
It was no difference to me either, I was happy with using Fincar (the 5mg version of finpecia) for 7+ years.

It was only when I swapped to a different generic, that I realized I had been very very slowly (almost unnoticeably until the swap) loosing ground for the entire time I was using Cipla products.........

but again everyone's experience is liable to be different, its just something to keep in mind if people do start losing ground over a decade or so.

Last edited: