Finasteride Works Definitely Worth Trying If You’re Concerned With Hair Loss | HairLossTalk Forums

Finasteride Works Definitely Worth Trying If You’re Concerned With Hair Loss

Discussion in 'Men's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by otis mcdonald, Jul 13, 2019.

1. otis mcdonald

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I’ve been on it for a year now and over the last couple of months I’ve notice a slight thickening at the front of my head that was thinning I’ve also not lost anymore ground.

I’m 32 norwood 2/2.5 with thinning in Norwood 3/3.5 pattern. I first had people mentioning that my hair was receding when I was about 27 so it definitely was happening. I also have cousins who are norwood 4/5 in there mid twenties.

I was damn nervous before starting and came of it on 3 separate occasions as I felt it was making me feel a bit odd. However I looked in the mirror one day and thought ‘if I don’t do anything I’m going to have to shave my head within 2/3 years max’. I have head lumps caused by ingrowing hair so nobody would want to see that.

Anyway to get to the point if you’ve still got some hair but your fairly sure you’re balding get on it ASAP

Danny-kins likes this.
  2. Hairicane

Hairicane Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    So it took 9-10 months before you knew it was helping.

I've been on it four months and it's killing me to know whether or not it's doing any good.

3. otis mcdonald

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yup. For the first 7 months I was taking a 0.5 dose and decided to go up to 1mg because I thought that it wasn’t working. Literally over the last 6 weeks I’ve noticed that it’s working.

It’s not a big difference but when I look and feel my hair I think ‘oh my hair looks pretty okay and feels kinda nice at the moment’ for me that’s evidence that it’s working because there’s no way I’d be thinking that 1 year later if I hadn’t taken it considering I was significantly thinning and had been for a few years

4. Hairicane

Hairicane Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Do you think the increased dosage made any difference?

5. otis mcdonald

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    It’s hard to say. I did have a psychological effect though as most of the finasteride studies have been with 1mg and even though 0.5 is probably nearly as effective part of me did worry that maybe it wasn’t.

Didn’t notice increased sides so definitely recommend going for the full dose.

6. Cowboys fan

Cowboys fan Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    What sides did u have? Thanks

7. otis mcdonald

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I had ball ache which lasted a few weeks then went. I also felt like I was suffering from brain fog and mild depression.

However at that time I was on a very strict low carb diet because I have gyno and I was worried that being a bit overweight and taking finasteride might exacerbate it so I wanted to be lean.

When I came off the diet I felt normal again so I’m fairly sure it was that. I now have been sides free for maybe 9/10 months. No increase in gyno and no brain fog or depression.

Hairicane likes this.
  8. Danny-kins

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Thank you for sharing! It's really nice to read positive results!