Finasteride: when will i stop losing short tiny (miniaturized) hair?

J.WayneUK

Established Member
Reaction score
It doesn't work on my hairline (sure, i use minoxidil 5%, finasteride and nizoral twice a week); WHY?
And still miniaturized hair as it was when i first started (10 months ago, may 2015).

WHY?

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because the success of the product(s) is exaggerated, most don't fall into the regrowth category but the maintain (for the most part) or slow it down category.
Hairloss products are very hard to gauge cause most get on them when they notice thinning, but then hair grows and falls out in cycles so it's hard to say if it's from the natural hair cycle or the product.
Then the wild card is how much would have it progressed if you never got on the stuff - impossible to answer. Some bald stops after the hairline moves up half an inch say, while for others it keeps going even though they are the stuff. So abstract topic to say the least.

It doesn't work on my hairline (sure, i use minoxidil 5%, finasteride and nizoral twice a week); WHY?
And still miniaturized hair as it was when i first started (10 months ago, may 2015).

WHY?

violetfluff

Reaction score
Think about it.
If you only maintain then any hair follicles which have been damaged by male pattern baldness wont get any better, or worse. This means they will be stuck in their state i.e. a short anagen phase with consequent high shed rate of such hairs. You should see no improvement in that.
Yet with such a high shed rate you would not see any net thinning over time as you would be in a state of equilibrium.

J.WayneUK

Established Member
Reaction score
Combining it with a topical growth product can sometimes make a huge difference. There's many guys in the success section
that did both minoxidil and Finasteride, and regrew all of their hair back.

Of course the time after you lost your hair really does matter. There's a time window in years, and anything after that is
just dead follicles, which really cannot be brought back to life.

Combine finasteride with Minoxidil, you probably will see results. If you do, the shedding is a one time initially. Your
results should be withing three to four months.

Also, use it on your receding hairline, unless you only have vertex baldness. Min will work on the hairline
as well.

You didn't answer my question

J.WayneUK

Established Member
Reaction score
It is probably because your hair might be too DHT resistant, and your body is good at creating lots of androgens.

Minoxidil only works for around forty five percent of men. Unfortunately you will probably have to add finasteride.

Mate, do you read my question? I AM using Finasteride (it's the post title), plus minoxidil obv... then why doesn't my hairline regrow (i started 10 months ago, im 22 and started losing my hair at 19)....

**just talking about miniaturized temples (especially right) and still weak front hairline.. Please, help me with your experience m8!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Then?

- - - Updated - - -

It is probably because your hair might be too DHT resistant, and your body is good at creating lots of androgens.

Minoxidil only works for around forty five percent of men. Unfortunately you will probably have to add finasteride.

Then, do you have an idea?