finasteride vs. dutasteride, what should I ask or get ?

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

So I'm going to see doctor soon and I've been searching information about finasteride and dutasteride. It seems they both are useful to slow down or stop mbp. I would say I'm currently mw 1,5-2. I've read studies that dutasteride would be more effective than finasteride according to this http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/resources/hair-restoration-papers/dutasteride-vs-finasteride/ and http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=24441&st=0&sk=t&sd=a.

Is there smaller chance to get sides from 0,5mg dutasteride than 1,25mg finasteride ? At least finasteride would be much more cheaper than dutasteride ? What would you recommend me to ask or get ? Should I first give a try to finasteride for 6-12 months and if it causes sides or doesn't work then try dutasteride ?

Is there such a thing as generic dutasteride _

I'm at the moment in the United States and I'm getting my finasteride or dutasteride from my home country while I'm visiting there. Do you know do I have to see a doctor again in the States if I want to buy more finasteride or dutasteride from here or how this works ? Because of the customs I can only bring 90-day dose with me :(

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I always looked at dutasteride as a last resort type drug. You should try finasteride for a year and Nizoral to compliment it, they are the least hassle.

It's soley up to you but I myself wouldn't try dutasteride as I know very little about it with regards to hair loss and safety, maybe someone currently taking it can help you there.

Good luck.

:)

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score
I was actually going start big 3 so nizoral would come with that. I will consult the doctor and ask his opinion but I guess I will go with finasteride at first.

agent00

Established Member
Reaction score
It all depends on your preference. I had bad sides on finasteride (decreased ejaculation, brain fog) so I switched to dutasteride with better success. The only issue appears to be sleep loss but I think I've gotten that situation under control now.

You can get generic dutasteride. I take it. I tried veltride, but I don't know how genuine it was so I would stay away.

Hope this helps.

agent00

Established Member
Reaction score
It all depends on your preference. I had bad sides on finasteride (decreased ejaculation, brain fog) so I switched to dutasteride with better success. The only issue appears to be sleep loss but I think I've gotten that situation under control now.

You can get generic dutasteride. I take it. I tried veltride, but I don't know how genuine it was so I would stay away.

Hope this helps.