finasteride Vs. dutasteride Eod Vs Combination Of Both

Anon123

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm wanting some opinions on oral AA regimens. I was on finasteride 1.25 daily for 5 years before it began slipping. Now I've been in dutasteride .5 EOD for over a year and have noticed more loss especially in the front.

Do I need to switch to dutasteride daily or would a combination of finasteride and dutasteride work better?

BaldingHelpMe

Established Member
Reaction score
Now I've been in dutasteride .5 EOD for over a year and have noticed more loss especially in the front.

Before I learned about dutasteride, it was all good. I took finasteride everyday and get on with my life. Hair seemed fine back then.

After switching to dutasteride, I also noticed frontal thinning. It's weird and does not make sense. I even took 1mg of dutasteride daily for 2 years. I've seen lots of reports about frontal thinning on dutasteride, so it's not just you and me.

Dutasteride has been approved for hair loss treatment in Japan and South Korea, so I wonder why FDA still does not approve it for the treatment. And going back to finasteride has never been easy to me as well. The thought of taking something supposedly weaker makes me lose a lot of sleep.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m also having frontal thinning on finasteride every day with dutasteride once a week. Just hit the 4 month mark.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not nearly as quick as this. It could just be time catching up. Not sure.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m considering just going straight dutasteride. I wonder if finasteride/dutasteride has some frontal thing effect?

Anon123

Reaction score
I noticed a very gradual thinning in the front my 5 years on finasteride and more on crown. Since I've switched to dutasteride my crown has improved but my front has really thinned out. Ive heard many accounts of this and I'm thinking dutasteride needs to be taken with a topical AA to be effective

Upnadam10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is anyone that reported frontal thinning now seeing it get better after staying on the drug for awhile?

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you completely stop finasteride when you started dutasteride EOD?

Where do you get your dutasteride from?

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hrt

Attachments

• 9F7F592D-6B5D-483E-8C56-840928767147.png
    9F7F592D-6B5D-483E-8C56-840928767147.png
    489.9 KB · Views: 498

Upnadam10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m also having frontal thinning on finasteride every day with dutasteride once a week. Just hit the 4 month mark.
I’m exactly at you timeline and experience in this post. Are you still taking dutasteride? Did you recover? Could benefit from hearing your long term experience.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m exactly at you timeline and experience in this post. Are you still taking dutasteride? Did you recover? Could benefit from hearing your long term experience.
Stopped taking dutasteride at about 6 months in. Hair kept getting worse in the front. I went back to finasteride 1mg once daily and have regrown 70% of what I lost. If you notice a shed, I would stop immediately; personally.

NSix

Established Member
Reaction score
Stopped taking dutasteride at about 6 months in. Hair kept getting worse in the front. I went back to finasteride 1mg once daily and have regrown 70% of what I lost. If you notice a shed, I would stop immediately; personally.

6 months is when you're supposed to see the initial results

why would dutasteride cause you to lose her? sheds are part of any AA regimen

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
6 months is when you're supposed to see the initial results

why would dutasteride cause you to lose her? sheds are part of any AA regimen
I actually think it was 8 months. But I can't remember. Either way I didn't like what was happening. When I started finasteride I had zero shed. So no, not part of everyones AA regimen.