finasteride users with oily skin BEFORE finasteride use?

coastal

Reaction score
If you had moderately or very oily skin before finasteride use, how has finasteride affected that?

and also what impact has it had on your hairloss?

any side effects?

I ask these questions specifically of people with oily skin before finasteride use, simply because i think there is a different hormonal expression therein and it might react differently to such treatment...

thanks for your input

KR78

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a oily skin and have been using finasteride for past couple of months I can say finasteride definetly has made my face less oily and it feels good.

KR78

Established Member
Reaction score
been on it for only couple of months so too early to comment. Yes little loss of libido.

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
finasteride seems to have made my skin and my scalp much less oily than before.

coastal

Reaction score
is that something you noticed almost immediately, or did it take some time?

its funny because it seems like for some people it GIVES them oily skin, and others it reduces it. I wonder if it takes away from those that have it and adds to those that dont to bring them both to somewher in the middle?

G

i didn't have oily skin before finasteride and didn't after taking it or dutasteride either.

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
coastal said:
is that something you noticed almost immediately, or did it take some time?

its funny because it seems like for some people it GIVES them oily skin, and others it reduces it. I wonder if it takes away from those that have it and adds to those that dont to bring them both to somewher in the middle?

no, it's not something i noticed immediately, but pretty soon since ive only been on it for 3 months.

coastal

Reaction score
anyone else notice a difference (more or less) oily skin and scalp from finasteride usage?

Strat54

Established Member
Reaction score
I had oily skin before and while on Propecia, and still have oily skin while on Avodart.
But it completely cleared up my acne.

mrwhite75

Reaction score
I had quite oily skin before treatment (finasteride and minoxidil) and I'm not sure if there's any change in that regard.

I have notice though, that my forehead doesn't SEEM as shiney. I think its mainly because my new thicker fringe hair now casts a shadow over my forehead and stops light above me from reflecting.

Also come to think of it, the acne I had on my back has cleared up a lot as well, may just be because of the season though.