Finasteride user after 2 years results

Dyodikow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been taking generic finasteride (proscar) for 2 years, i don't know if it helped slow down my hairloss or not, but i feel like my hairline is moving up again, any advice on why is this the case?

I take 1.25 mg daily but i cut them into uneven parts most of the times unintentionally, as for the sides i have had water like semen since the first week of starting it.

I also use nizoral shampoo 2% weekly but i stopped the last two months for no reason so maybe thats the reason for the further recession.

Any advice would be appreciated and please check out my photos to asses the situation it may be a different haircut but i think the situation has gotten worse.
Before are the first two images and the rest are taken today.

Attachments

• 20211117_175635.jpg
    20211117_175635.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 160
  • 20210717_032418.jpg
    20210717_032418.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 20211127_003446.jpg
    20211127_003446.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 150
  • 20211127_003514.jpg
    20211127_003514.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 159
  • 20211127_003554.jpg
    20211127_003554.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 179

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty good. Hairline looks pretty dense across. What age did you start finasteride?

Dyodikow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks pretty good. Hairline looks pretty dense across. What age did you start finasteride?
Thank you for the reply, i started at 18.5 my issue is with frontal recession especially on my right temple, i think it looks pretty bad now i don't really know if finasteride is doing its job.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply, i started at 18.5 my issue is with frontal recession especially on my right temple, i think it looks pretty bad now i don't really know if finasteride is doing its job.
Well finasteride is not a cure for most. If your hair loss is aggressive you will still progress but more slowly. But as of now it looks good. You could try Microneedling if your temple points are your concern. Derminator seems to be a popular one.

Dyodikow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well finasteride is not a cure for most. If your hair loss is aggressive you will still progress but more slowly. But as of now it looks good. You could try Microneedling if your temple points are your concern. Derminator seems to be a popular one.
Yeah i heard good things about microneedling, but sadly i can't afford pricey stuff is there any cheap alternative? like with the normal pharmacy dermaroller?

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks exactly the same. Why did you even start finasteride you were just tugging that right temple.

Dyodikow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks exactly the same. Why did you even start finasteride you were just tugging that right temple.
My hair doesn't feel right especially my right temple when i look at the mirror and when i take photos, maybe it is the haircut, there is no way i can recreate the same camera angle and lighting everytime. Thanks for your reply

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can also derma roll to make minoxidil more effective. Try that for 6 months and report back.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Fully agree. The OP doesn't look like he has had any hairloss to begin with and was starting off on treatment with a solid NW1 and still looks solid NW1.

I think the reason he felt he had a receeding hairline Mistakenly was due to camera angle being different.

He really had no reason to subdue himself to such side effects. Hopefully his side effects are not permanent as they can often become with long time use whilst experiencing sides.

This is more a case of possible BDD. And you're right, the frowning and tugging of the hair makes it always look much worse, coupled with the angle of the head and the camera angle.

Dyodikow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fully agree. The OP doesn't look like he has had any hairloss to begin with and was starting off on treatment with a solid NW1 and still looks solid NW1.

I think the reason he felt he had a receeding hairline Mistakenly was due to camera angle being different.

He really had no reason to subdue himself to such side effects. Hopefully his side effects are not permanent as they can often become with long time use whilst experiencing sides.

This is more a case of possible BDD. And you're right, the frowning and tugging of the hair makes it always look much worse, coupled with the angle of the head and the camera angle.
Thanks for the confidence boost man but my friends told me that i should monitor my hairline and i can't pull off my old hairstyles.
Here are other photos the first one is 3 years ago and the second is now. Please check them out

Attachments

• 20211128_172958.jpg
    20211128_172958.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 101
  • 20211128_172513.jpg
    20211128_172513.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 90

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the confidence boost man but my friends told me that i should monitor my hairline and i can't pull off my old hairstyles.
Here are other photos the first one is 3 years ago and the second is now. Please check them out

No problem man.

These are much better photos to compare with. Honestly it looks like you have zero hairloss or recession of your hairline.

You hairline is the ideal hairline, looks more like a NW0 than a NW1.

My advice is to go off this website (because it can cause you to become more anxious) and enjoy your life and don't worry about it as there is absolutely nothing to worry about.

If you are still concerned, simply take pictures every 3 months, just like these and either use them to compare or post them here. You can tag me and I will tell you what I think of it at that time.

Dyodikow

My Regimen
Reaction score
No problem man.

These are much better photos to compare with. Honestly it looks like you have zero hairloss or recession of your hairline.

You hairline is the ideal hairline, looks more like a NW0 than a NW1.

My advice is to go off this website (because it can cause you to become more anxious) and enjoy your life and don't worry about it as there is absolutely nothing to worry about.

If you are still concerned, simply take pictures every 3 months, just like these and either use them to compare or post them here. You can tag me and I will tell you what I think of it at that time.
I really appreciate that thank you for the help, i was losing my mind esp because i have family members that are bald, either way i will continue using finasteride and min just to be safe.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really appreciate that thank you for the help, i was losing my mind esp because i have family members that are bald, either way i will continue using finasteride and min just to be safe.

Remember that just because other family members are bald does not always necessarily mean you will inherit the Balding gene. It is quite common for the Balding gene to actually skip a generation or family member.

Also, there's a thing called a "maturing hairline" that's caused naturally by age that is often confused with a receeding hairline that is caused by Androgenetic Alopecia - these are two completely different things.