Finasteride used by transgender patients??

Theroadrunner

Reaction score
No it would have negligible affect on someone who is undergoing gender reassignment. I am one of them and it is never prescribed for this purpose. Those who do take it do so to combat pre-existing hair loss. While there maybe be some, tiny additional feminising affect, it is derisory. You won't turn into a woman. I'd be much more concerned about prostate problems. Some of the treatments involve removing testosterone from the body, and in some cases the same drugs as we use.

mjs1990

Reaction score
Holy moly batman! I just read one of those lists of what transgenders are putting into their body along with their dangerously high level of finasteride. I will be surprised if any of them live over 50. Either they're getting their doses over the black market or there are some really shady doctors running prescription mills to exploit these people. Of course, refusing a transgender his/her pills wouldn't be politically correct, and gender expression is far more important than living a healthy life, so I guess it's not the doctors' fault. Anyways I've been on propecia for several years and so far no bad effects. If anything my sex drive has increased.

Allison Wunderland

Reaction score
Holy moly batman! I just read one of those lists of what transgenders are putting into their body along with their dangerously high level of finasteride. I will be surprised if any of them live over 50. Either they're getting their doses over the black market or there are some really shady doctors running prescription mills to exploit these people. Of course, refusing a transgender his/her pills wouldn't be politically correct, and gender expression is far more important than living a healthy life, so I guess it's not the doctors' fault. Anyways I've been on propecia for several years and so far no bad effects. If anything my sex drive has increased.

My doctor is prescribing and monitoring . . . Reduce male pattern body hair, lower libido/testosterone drive. We're not doing estrogen, and we don't expect to undergo "top" / "bottom" surgery.

Bottom line here, for the record, we're not experimenting. We're not doing "black market" -- we're not taking Finasteride for thinning hair.

And I'm 67 yrs old, physically fit, in good health. -- So we did "make it past 50."

Clarissa Hope

My Regimen
Reaction score
Besides Finasteride (6 mg instead of 1 mg), they take:

- Estradiol 6 - 8 mg
- Spironolactone 100 - 200 mg
- Progestin (progesterone) 5 - 10 mg

And those are much, much stronger than finasteride.

Only Finasteride isn't going to transform you into a woman.

But seriously, someone must be pretty nuts to take all these drugs.
++++++++++++++++++++

I take 8 mg Estrofem, 10 mg Provera, 100 mg Spirotone and 5 mg Fincar daily and have been doing so for just under two years. I don't know exactly which drug is responsible for what all, but I have feminized myself beyond my wildest dreams and have a gorgeous, thick, full, lush head of brunette hair that is so long it ends a half a foot below my adorable B-cup tatas! It also delights me to no end to be able to say that I am ALWAYS less masculine than the guy next to me and in fact, every guy period!

Last edited:

InvaderZim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Old thread. Such a drag.

Don't be surprised. Certain transgenders with androgenetic alopecia also use dutasteride (maybe even higher than my dosage).