finasteride usage

Rocky V

Established Member
Reaction score
I take .5mg every other day for the past two months. I haven't noticed anything yet as I dont expect to at the two month mark.

Is it more effective to take .5mg every day rather than every other day to see optimal success?

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Rocky V said:
I take .5mg every other day for the past two months. I haven't noticed anything yet as I dont expect to at the two month mark.

Is it more effective to take .5mg every day rather than every other day to see optimal success?

If you have no side effects you should definitely up your dose to 1mg to .5 mg a day. You are taking way too little of a dose to be very effective.

Also, it's only been two months, and often it takes 3 to 6 months to start seeing results.

Rocky V

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought that .5mg and 1mg inhibit the same amount of dht?

The reason why I take .5mg a every other day is because I heard a doctor on bald truth talk say that taking it every other day is as effective as taking it every day.

any truth to this?

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Rocky V said:

The reason why I take .5mg a every other day is because I heard a doctor on bald truth talk say that taking it every other day is as effective as taking it every day.

any truth to this?

It isn't.

And 1mg and .5mg do not inhibit the same amount. .5mg has about 80% of the effectiveness of 1mg.

Rocky V

Established Member
Reaction score
ok cool the reason why i take it eod is because finasteride gives me acne.

I normally dont have acne so if I can somehow control the acne then I can go switch to everyday

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Where did you hear that, grayman? I heard that even 0.1MG inhibits the same as 1MG, give or take a few %.

I don't see anything wrong with your regemin, but you are expecting results way too soon. 3 months at the very earliest if you are extremely lucky is when you should expect any changes, but better yet make it 6 months to a year. Be patient.

maximiliandreams

Established Member
Reaction score
Wuffer said:
Where did you hear that, grayman? I heard that even 0.1MG inhibits the same as 1MG, give or take a few %.

I don't see anything wrong with your regemin, but you are expecting results way too soon. 3 months at the very earliest if you are extremely lucky is when you should expect any changes, but better yet make it 6 months to a year. Be patient.

Bullshit..yea than use 1 pill 5 MG for 1 year ROFLMAO :jackit:

Rocky V

Established Member
Reaction score
im gonna stick to the .5mg eod and up the dose down the road. it's too early to expect results anyway

Ende

Reaction score
TheGrayMan2001 said:
Rocky V said:

any truth to this?

It isn't.

And 1mg and .5mg do not inhibit the same amount. .5mg has about 80% of the effectiveness of 1mg.
What's your source? Last time I checked, 0.2 mg finasteride reduced the DHT level as much as 1 mg - and 5 mg for that matter. 1 mg was chosen, because the group had a slightly better hair count at the end of the study, and no more side effects than the groups with lower doses.

Nene

Reaction score
There is hardly any difference between .5mg and 1mg. If you feel more comfortable with .5mg, take that instead.