Finasteride Update After 2 Months On Use

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wanted to post an update of my hairloss journey after 2 months use of Finasteride/derma rolling and 10 months on minoxidil.

On the left is my newest photo (taken this week) and the photo on the right was taken on June 6th.
ZomboDroid 01082019102443.jpg

Let me clarify on the photo above. I tried my best to get the angle/lighting right, but it's pretty spot on. Want to point out the temples (not the corners of the hairline, but the sides of my hair above the sideburns area) have regrown alot. On the left I have regrown quite a bit and it's actually alot thicker since I've taken the newest photo. Also tried to pull as much hair back as I could, but the newest hair I've regrown was to short for me to reach it.

I know people are gonna say "you're only on month 2 of finasteride and you won't see the full results until month 3 or 4 blah blah blah". I know that and I'm really excited to see what it'll look like starting in September!

Here is a photo that was taken 1 hour ago and I tried to get a good focus of the new tiny black hairs that have come in
20190804_021515.jpg

20190804_021534.jpg

This is my hair (just applied minoxidil to the corners and temples). I know it's not in focus, but you can sorta see the new tiny hairs that have regrown in the corner area. Happy to see some regrowth and I'm slowly starting to see myself getting more confident with my hairline. I know it's not a straight hairline or anything, but hell, Chris Hemsworth doesn't have a straight hairline and has a V shaped hairline. So, that's what I'm aiming for.

Any comments can be left below. Here's my regime:
-minoxidil, twice daily
-finasteride, 1mg daily
-derma roller, twice daily, sometimes 3 times a day. (Not exactly sure how many times I'm supposed to do it, but I've seen regrowth by doing it 2-3 times a day)
-nizoral, 3 times a week

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wanted to post an update of my hairloss journey after 2 months use of Finasteride/derma rolling and 10 months on minoxidil.

On the left is my newest photo (taken this week) and the photo on the right was taken on June 6th.
View attachment 125620

Let me clarify on the photo above. I tried my best to get the angle/lighting right, but it's pretty spot on. Want to point out the temples (not the corners of the hairline, but the sides of my hair above the sideburns area) have regrown alot. On the left I have regrown quite a bit and it's actually alot thicker since I've taken the newest photo. Also tried to pull as much hair back as I could, but the newest hair I've regrown was to short for me to reach it.

I know people are gonna say "you're only on month 2 of finasteride and you won't see the full results until month 3 or 4 blah blah blah". I know that and I'm really excited to see what it'll look like starting in September!

Here is a photo that was taken 1 hour ago and I tried to get a good focus of the new tiny black hairs that have come in
View attachment 125621
View attachment 125622
This is my hair (just applied minoxidil to the corners and temples). I know it's not in focus, but you can sorta see the new tiny hairs that have regrown in the corner area. Happy to see some regrowth and I'm slowly starting to see myself getting more confident with my hairline. I know it's not a straight hairline or anything, but hell, Chris Hemsworth doesn't have a straight hairline and has a V shaped hairline. So, that's what I'm aiming for.

Any comments can be left below. Here's my regime:
-minoxidil, twice daily
-finasteride, 1mg daily
-derma roller, twice daily, sometimes 3 times a day. (Not exactly sure how many times I'm supposed to do it, but I've seen regrowth by doing it 2-3 times a day)
-nizoral, 3 times a week
Looks the same tbh. Your scrunching your forehead in the new pic so it makes it look different.

LifeIsSucks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you think contributed the most to your regrowth? My hairloss is similar to yours, it would be a blessing to at least thicken up the temples and hairline, I am on finasteride right now but I dont want to use monioxidil. Will add dermarolling

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It actually doesn't. Scrunching my forehead literally has no effect on the corners of my hairline and you can clearly see hair regrowing. Take your negativity somewhere else
Wasn't being negative just stating a fact you should atleast take a pic with he same angle without forehead scrunched to really see progress.it does look like some of the hairs are darker.

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you think contributed the most to your regrowth? My hairloss is similar to yours, it would be a blessing to at least thicken up the temples and hairline, I am on finasteride right now but I dont want to use monioxidil. Will add dermarolling
The derma roller by FAR has contributed the most

Finjunkie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You may want to consider relaxing your regiment over time. I, like you (it seems so far) maintained fine on finasteride. There's maybe a 90+% chance it's all from finasteride. About 4 years ago, 3 years into my regiment, I dropped everything except finasteride and I've still been maintaining fine.

You don't want to get yourself into a daily ritual that's a huge PITA when you could maybe get 95% of the results popping a pill that takes 2 seconds.

Also don't worry about V hairline. Nearly every male has some recession by mid 30's even if they never go bald. I've been on finasteride for nearly 8 years and aged nicely into my frozen NWII hairline. Everybody my age has one now, or worse, so I see no need to correct it.

My hairline is about where yours is. Once I hit 30 the comments slowly transitioned from "are you balding?" to "do you see how bad that guy is balding?". I'm mid-30's now and for my age I have a damn good set of locks

Last edited:

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You may want to consider relaxing your regiment over time. I, like you (it seems so far) maintained fine on finasteride. There's maybe a 90+% chance it's all from finasteride. About 4 years ago, 3 years into my regiment, I dropped everything except finasteride and I've still been maintaining fine.

You don't want to get yourself into a daily ritual that's a huge PITA when you could maybe get 95% of the results popping a pill that takes 2 seconds.

Also don't worry about V hairline. Nearly every male has some recession by mid 30's even if they never go bald. I've been on finasteride for nearly 8 years and aged nicely into my frozen NWII hairline. Everybody my age has one now, or worse, so I see no need to correct it.

My hairline is about where yours is. Once I hit 30 the comments slowly transitioned from "are you balding?" to "do you see how bad that guy is balding?". I'm mid-30's now and for my age I have a damn good set of locks
Won't I lose all I've gained from minoxidil?

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just be thankful for the improvement. minoxidil is unlikely to yeild more than Velus hiars in the temple area but keep up with the routine and find out. Certainly better than nothing.
They've been the same for about a month...

djhype

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
They've been the same for about a month...
It is possible for Velus hairs to eventually transition into terminal hairs just extremely unlikely. Depends on if youre happy enough with the added growth to keep on trucking.

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is possible for Velus hairs to eventually transition into terminal hairs just extremely unlikely. Depends on if youre happy enough with the added growth to keep on trucking.
Well they're the same length they were a month ago, but now they're darker. Is that better?

Finjunkie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Won't I lose all I've gained from minoxidil?
If you gained something yes. I got nothing from finasteride and minoxidil combined, so I gave up the minoxidil eventually. Nothing happened and my daily routine is so much easier.

Nothing gained nothing lost for me in almost 8 years. I would say that's a win for finasteride and validates some of the longer studies that say it can be effective forever, at least for me.