finasteride to Dutasteride

danch

Reaction score
Hey guys, i recently switched from finasteride to dutas. Was on finasteride for just over a year and i do think it stopped most balding but i do not think i had any regrowth or thickening, so no noticeable "results". So i switched to dutas .5mg every day and have been taking it for almost 2 months now. I know it is probably too early to say but i am wondering if anyone else on here has had the same experience. So within a week my hair did feel healthier and maybe about a month in my crown felt as though hairs were growing again since there is a lot longer hairs back there when i grab it now and even rubbing my crown it feels like i have more smooth hairs up there even though it is thin coverage, as in the right lighting you can notice the hair there is a lighter shade and see a bit of scalp. But however i feel as though my hairline is thinning and its starting to become just a fluff of hairs that are long and thin and stragley. This was not like this while i was on finasteride and i maintained a half decent hairline except for a bit of recession at the temples where now on dutas i am seeing some growth of light little new hairs in spots that were all forehead before. So any way i just want to know if anyone else has felt there hairline shed on dutasteride but no shed anywhere else? and if it did grow back in thicker and fuller later on in treatment? Because i am pretty sure my whole head has thicker fuller hair now everywhere but my hairline. Thanks for any response in advance.

danch

Reaction score
i guess i can maybe update you in a few months if this is just a temporary shed and it can make your decision either. if you're seeing results on finasteride i'm sure you'd see huge results on dutasteride

danch

Reaction score
honestly at my temples there are quite a few little fair coloured ones growing in and it seems as though they are getting longer and starting to darken filling in the spots where i would be maybe back to a Norwood 1 with hairline. it is at the peak spot so to speak where my hairline is the furthest down my forehead and right in the middle of it that seems to be thinning sadly. But hopefully this is just a shed and maybe there are little guys growing in behind all the hair i do have there that i cannot see yet. And yes no sides at all which is great. I hope i have the same result as you since i really would like my crown to fill in and look normal again.