Finasteride Swollen Balls And Pain In Groin Area.

Slid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,so Ive been on finasteride for about three weeks and now ive noticed that I have a slight pain in groin area.I also have a feeling that my balls are swollen(not really sure if they are or its just how they feel).I was wondering is this a common side effect and will it go away over a period of time.I mean its not constant pain but it feels uncomfortable.Other than this I have no side effects.

Slid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So now I know for sure that pain is not from finasteride,but my balls are swollen.Idk if they will go back to normal or not and has anyone had the same problem?If not I might go to the doctor to see what the hell is happening.The pain was in the upper inside leg part due to terrible leg day,so i thought it was a ball ache.Ive check all possible conditions and It is probably epididymitis.These are all the symptoms:
  • low-grade fever
  • chills
  • pain in the pelvic area
  • pressure in the testicles
  • pain and tenderness in the testicles
  • redness and warmth in the scrotum
  • enlarged lymph nodes in the groin
  • pain during sexual intercourse and ejaculation
  • pain during urination or bowel movements
  • urgent and frequent urination
  • abnormal penile discharge
  • blood in the semen
Out of all those symptoms,I only have swollen balls and frequent urination,but I always had frequent urination so I am not going to count that.

Last edited:

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
when I was on it and the sides hit me I believe it gave me prostate issues. this made my balls hurt but I had the opposite and it seemed they shrunk. from reading that condition can be caused by and enlarged prostate, which is what I believe I was dealing with though I never ended up getting a fingy in my butt to prove it. each time I went off the finasteride the sides went away and each time back on they returned.

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
when I was on it and the sides hit me I believe it gave me prostate issues. this made my balls hurt but I had the opposite and it seemed they shrunk. from reading that condition can be caused by and enlarged prostate, which is what I believe I was dealing with though I never ended up getting a fingy in my butt to prove it. each time I went off the finasteride the sides went away and each time back on they returned.
u re still using topical finasteride ?
any comparison to oral experience ?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
u re still using topical finasteride ?
any comparison to oral experience ?

I use a topical with no noticeable sides, even with occasionally dermarolling. Oral finasteride is what gave me sides but it took almost a year for them to start.

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use a topical with no noticeable sides, even with occasionally dermarolling. Oral finasteride is what gave me sides but it took almost a year for them to start.
yea i too had been taking finasteride orally for 2 years and gradually i started getting sides so im thinking of starting a somewhat low dose topical and see how it goes . Can you tell me what dose u use ?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
yea i too had been taking finasteride orally for 2 years and gradually i started getting sides so im thinking of starting a somewhat low dose topical and see how it goes . Can you tell me what dose u use ?

I "THINK" mine is 2% finasteride and 10% minoxidil but im not 100% sure on the finasteride rght now