Finasteride Suddenly Stopped Working ?? Too Early To Tell??

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,almost a month into 0,5mg Propecia.Only 1 week and half when I started until I saw my shedding decreased and my hair having more volume and looking healthier.Then and from now on,suddenly I am shedding more(more than my previous sheds) and my hair are losing this volume,”feeling healthier” thing.I was excited when I finally saw a decrease on my shedding..Should I wait more or should I add more things ?? Is it possible that Finasteride effect has stopped so early ?? It’s really frustrating and more frustrating when you are trying your best “weapons” available to face it..Thank you

Last edited:

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The claim that you felt your hair healthier after a week of starting finasteride and considering that the hair grows 0.282 cm on average during a week, you are experiencing placebo effects. Stay on finasteride and dont think about it.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been on for close to 2 years. For the first 6 months I though my hair decreased by 50% volume. Right now, I think I’m relatively close to baseline

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for responses and your help, I highly appreciate it.Stay strong and safe !

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're imagining things. You can't see your hair look thicker or healthier in only a week and a half, even if you had the all-time best great response to finasteride, you wouldn't see a difference that quick because hair doesn't grow that fast. You'll need a few months at the very least, probably best give it a year.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're imagining things. You can't see your hair look thicker or healthier in only a week and a half, even if you had the all-time best great response to finasteride, you wouldn't see a difference that quick because hair doesn't grow that fast. You'll need a few months at the very least, probably best give it a year.
Thank you very much for your help and information,appreciate it!

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well 6 weeks(42 days) into it and now I am thinning again...I took for two weeks constantly D3+K2(both increasing T,there are plenty of researches) and I got more erections and more morning woods than before.Now 3 days after stopping them,suddenly my hair is thinning again,before starting,it was better..So desperate ... maybe T is my problem as well(more sensitive..) along with DHT.

*Started balding from 16.Now I am 19,maybe I don’t have other choices than more extreme regimens ??
*Minoxidil gave me good results,I am just trying to keep what I got..I can’t imagine myself going back ..All of this literally change my life and my psychology so much..(I mean positive)

Thank you for your time.