Finasteride Started To Work, Now Suggestions For Recovery

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After 7 months, only now am I noticing a slowdown of my hairfall. I mean it slowed down earlier a few times, only to be followed by a massive shed, but its been a few weeks now with only about 10-20 hairs lots per shower (I shower every 2 days) and I am confident to say its kicking in.

Now my problem is that I lost a lot of hair in that last 7 months - it is thin and lifeless.
-I used minoxidil for a year, no effect, but still use it once a day just in case
-I use nizoral for a year, no effect but I like the shampoo anyway
-I recently started dermarolling once per week

What else is out there to help the recovery? I can afford almost anything I need. My hairline is Norwood~2.5 and have no bald spots at the crown, so there is no real reason for a hair transplant at this time.

MateV

My Regimen
Reaction score
You need something that has a growth potential, you may find tons of them like stemoxidil or RU (i had great results on RU) but usually they have a short term impact

After 7 months, only now am I noticing a slowdown of my hairfall. I mean it slowed down earlier a few times, only to be followed by a massive shed, but its been a few weeks now with only about 10-20 hairs lots per shower (I shower every 2 days) and I am confident to say its kicking in.

Now my problem is that I lost a lot of hair in that last 7 months - it is thin and lifeless.
-I used minoxidil for a year, no effect, but still use it once a day just in case
-I use nizoral for a year, no effect but I like the shampoo anyway
-I recently started dermarolling once per week

What else is out there to help the recovery? I can afford almost anything I need. My hairline is Norwood~2.5 and have no bald spots at the crown, so there is no real reason for a hair transplant at this time.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Question about normal hair versus DHT impacted hair and Propecia hair.

Is it true Propecia regrowth is never going to return to ‘normal’ will it just grow or maintain a thin whispy state/quality?

Mushu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Question about normal hair versus DHT impacted hair and Propecia hair.

Is it true Propecia regrowth is never going to return to ‘normal’ will it just grow or maintain a thin whispy state/quality?

I've been on finasteride for 10 months and can say it grew stronger, but don't think it'll ever get back to 100% how it was your teen/younger years. If it's on the hairline, you have a good chance of thickening it back up. Then again, my thinning is on my hairline, which is usually a bit thinner. I would say it strengthened it back to about 50 percent to what it was, giving me the illusion of thicker baby hairs along my hairline, when in actuality it's my old hairline. Seems to be still improving, so we'll see.