finasteride-spironolactone together?

thylax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
take a look at that:

"The most notable functions of Spironolactone as a hair loss treatment is that it works as an antiandrogen by decreasing the production of testosterone by the adrenal glands and by preventing DHT from binding to its androgenic receptor. Some have suggested that Spironolactone can bond to the hair follicles before DHT can bind to the receptor. As a result it would be logical to use Finasteride (Propecia / Proscar) in conjunction with Spironolactone. The former reduces the amount of DHT on our scalp while the latter blocks the remaning DHT at the receptor sites"

What do you think about the conjuction?

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Makes sense to me but I won't take spironolactone. orally. I'll only use it as at topical.

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
sigh..like i said before...spironolactone is a very potent drug. and very potent drugs have a high rate of side effects. somebody on this forum said it has an 80 % chance of growing breasts on you. whether that was an exageration or not its only sensible to listen and NOT take it orally!..not with finasteride..not with dutasteride..not with ANYTHING.

Apply it Topically.

on a seperate note..
i got a bottle of glycerine to mix spironolactone in.. it says "50 gm" on the bottle. how many ML is one GM ? ..anybody know?

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Sir_LagaLot said:
sigh..like i said before...spironolactone is a very potent drug. and very potent drugs have a high rate of side effects. somebody on this forum said it has an 80 % chance of growing breasts on you. whether that was an exageration or not its only sensible to listen and NOT take it orally!..not with finasteride..not with dutasteride..not with ANYTHING.

Apply it Topically.

on a seperate note..
i got a bottle of glycerine to mix spironolactone in.. it says "50 gm" on the bottle. how many ML is one GM ? ..anybody know?

I always figure one ml is one gram. So, if you had 60ml, and wanted one percent of a dried product in the mix, you'd add 600 mg.

You know, one liter (i.e., 1,000 ml) equals one kilogram. Once I drilled that into my head, the "ratios" became easy.

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks ...yeah so theres a 1:1 conversion.

1 ml = 1 gm..

does anybody know how long a 60 ml solution of 2% spironolactone would last?..half a month or a month?...as in ..is a 1 ml apllication at a time enough?...

1 ml in the morning, 1 ml at night?...2 ml a day?

and would i need to keep this solution (aldactone + glycerine + rosewater) refrigerated or not?

Old Baldy

Reaction score
You'll just have to try it out on yourself and find out what's best for you.

Doctor Lee suggests twice a day, (I think). I use creamed spironolactone. only and usually use it once a day. (Sometimes twice but not too often, I use other stuff also you know! :D ) I generally put it on my scalp just before going to bed.

Yes, refridgerate that stuff!! (I think the veterans have said this before also.)