Finasteride sides

ibulicious9955@gmail.com

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, I am 18 just going to turn 19. I have used rogaine foam for 7 months with amazing results. But after the 7 month mark, I have started shedding heavily. My scalp has started to itch again also. My questions are-
1. Has rogaine lost its effectiveness in 7 months? Or is it a second shed?
2. Should I start finasteride now?
3. If there is anyone here who has taken finasteride so early in life? If yes, please do share the experience.
4. Are the side effects of finasteride exaggerated on the net?

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
You should've started Finasteride first thing when you began losing hair due to male pattern baldness, and yes the side effects have been exaggerated on the internet. It's not that Rogaine lost its effectiveness, your male pattern baldness has gotten stronger since it's a progressive medical condition. You'll need to start taking Finasteride ASAP so your thinning hair won't keep getting worse.

I started taking Dutasteride at age 22 and have been fine on it with no side effects, next month will actually be my one year mark on the drug. You should be fine starting Finasteride at age 18, it won't hurt to at least try it.

ibulicious9955@gmail.com

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice man. I am happy for you.
Is 0.25 mg okay?
Any youngsters who have started this drug around 18-19.

- - - Updated - - -

But I dont understand, how could Rogaine stop working in just after 7 months.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice man. I am happy for you.
Is 0.25 mg okay?
Any youngsters who have started this drug around 18-19.

But I dont understand, how could Rogaine stop working in just after 7 months.

Thanks. :)

Taking 0.25 mg daily of Finasteride will maintain your hair nicely if you respond well to the drug. There have been men who started Finasteride as early as age 16/17 and did well with the treatment, but it's pushing it a bit starting that young.

Again, it's not that Rogaine stopped working after seven months, it's that your male pattern baldness has gotten stronger, remember that it's a progressive condition and will only worsen without proper intervention. I've been using topical Minoxidil since 2011 and still works great for me to this day.

g.i joey

Reaction score
if you're 19 and experiencing hairloss to the extent that its noticeable then im sorry to tell you but .25 will not work in your case. I tried at 22 for a good 4 or 5 motnhs and it didnt even maintain let alone get the regrowth. Now im almost 5 months on finasteride and my hair hasnt maintained, despite the past couple of weeks taking finasteride only 4/7 days. If you have a beard and are happy with the length then id say finasteride is a go for your age.

moarhairpls

Reaction score
I have a head full of hair with my juvenile hairline. And have a full beard too. Are you guys sure about finasteride?

If you have a full head of hair, what is the problem and why are you using minoxidil? Are you just being paranoid because you see hairs in the shower? Everyone sheds, that doesn't mean anything.

Keystone

Reaction score
Dude I'd be careful with finesteride at your age. You can start taking it but the moment you notice libido loss stop it right away. When I was consulting different hair loss surgeons in Korea they all pretty much said the same thing. If you are young in your prime your libido is important as hell to you. If you notice libido loss, which is one side effect which effects some but not everyone, then stop the drug.

Reaction score
I started taking finasteride at 20. Took finasteride for 18 months until my body totally crashed. I've been suffering from erectile dysfunction for 3 years and my situation hasn't improved much.

Reaction score
I rather recommend a smaller dosage at the beginning. I started with 0.5 mg. It would be better so see how your body reacts and then increase the dosage when there is nothing to worry about.