Finasteride Sides Just In 4 Days? Is It Possible

Devo

My Regimen
Reaction score
20 year old male here suffering hair loss from the age of 15
I was taking finasteride for just 4 days and I'm really anxious about my sexual functionality.
And I don't know if it's just my anxiety or the drug really causes some problems with my Penis.
I read the horror stories before getting onto the pill. Maybe that causes that.
I didn't even pop the fourth pill but I feel kinda my penis is not like it used to be.
I can have an erection. Even I had morning woods but as soon as I think about something or even if not my erection goes away. I didn't even had watery semen yet but my Penis feels strange
Is it just anxiety or real side effects?

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's just anxiety. Trust me, I had the same when I took the drug 5 years ago for the first time. Never touched it again the last 5 years except from the last 2 months. No side effects so far. ;)

Devo

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's just anxiety. Trust me, I had the same when I took the drug 5 years ago for the first time. Never touched it again the last 5 years except from the last 2 months. No side effects so far. ;)
Today my morning wood wasn't there...

bartoow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro seriously, having no morning wood is just completely normal. Nobody gets morning wood every morning they wake up. People have to understand that we get multiple erections during the night, and sometimes we wake up with one, sometimes we don't.

I talked with a urologist about this subject, about 1/3 of the men wake up without morning wood. Also its depends on how well/deep you slept etc. Don't try to link everything on finasteride, I know how hard it could be.

Athlete1987

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is definitely possible.

Finasteride is delivered into the bloodstream rapidly and if you’re taking something with anti-androgen effects you should be ready for the side effects within a week or so.

Full disclosure: When I first used finasteride, I was on for 3 full years and convinced myself (genuinely felt?) I had no sides but after 3 years on I wondered why my orgasms felt a little weaker.

Long story short, I came off and within a few weeks I noticed orgasms weren’t a little weaker but a LOT weaker. Plus it gave me Gyno which i needed an op for.

As such, I started looking at ways to avoid the sides of finasteride while maintaning the benefits and I believe I’ve solved this conundrum - see my post here:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...to-deal-with-finasteride-side-effects.110821/

Athlete1987

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First time i went off it without other meds or supps it took maybe 2 years to get close (never quite back) to baseline.

Otoh, the main side I noticed is now no longer there (in fact I’m enjoying sex far better now thanks to the strategy outlined in the other thread).