finasteride Sides DIMINISHING... EXCEPT....

StevenS

Reaction score
for the damn watery semen! whats up with that? is it common for it to go away in a few weeks and for my junk to thicken back up?

What is the reason as to why it happens? Does DHT make your junk thick?

Also, I still do notice a slight dip in libido, but its better then it was two days ago and I'm thinking it will be back to normal, I can still get erections too. But my f*****g semen is like water ahhhh!

Mew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The initial surge in libido that lasts a few weeks/month or two some guys get is from the initial upregulation of Testosterone due to lowered DHT, thanks to finasteride's inhibition of 5AR-II. The brain senses less DHT in the blood and so produces more Testosterone to compensate.

This is also likely the reason for the testicular ache some guys get -- your nuts (leydig cells) are working harder to produce more T. Some guys find after starting the drug that over the next few months, their libido may stay high, for others it settles down to normal, and for others it drops. You won't know until you get that far down the road, likely you should be fine.

As for semen being watery -- Both DHT and 5AR play a role in spermatogenesis, and you are inhibiting them with Finasteride. The prostate supplies seminal fluid, and you are also shrinking it and prostatic tissues via cell aptosis (death) and causing involution (deterioration of function) via Finasteride, so that's another reason for your issues.

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No point having loads of sperm and a horseshoe to go with it.

No quality woman wants faulty NW7 sperm.

StevenS

Reaction score
Mew said:
The initial surge in libido that lasts a few weeks/month or two some guys get is from the initial upregulation of Testosterone due to lowered DHT, thanks to finasteride's inhibition of 5AR-II. The brain senses less DHT in the blood and so produces more Testosterone to compensate.

This is also likely the reason for the testicular ache some guys get -- your nuts (leydig cells) are working harder to produce more T. Some guys find after starting the drug that over the next few months, their libido may stay high, for others it settles down to normal, and for others it drops. You won't know until you get that far down the road, likely you should be fine.

As for semen being watery -- Both DHT and 5AR play a role in spermatogenesis, and you are inhibiting them with Finasteride. The prostate supplies seminal fluid, and you are also shrinking it and prostatic tissues via cell aptosis (death) and causing involution (deterioration of function) via Finasteride, so that's another reason for your issues.

So this last part about my spermatogenesis, is this bad? My semen is like pure water right now. I've been on finasteride for 8 days. All my other sides went away, I'm horny as ever, and feel normal.

Mew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So this last part about my spermatogenesis, is this bad?

Do you even need to ask such a question?

You do realize 5AR inhibitors have been associated with decreased fertility while on (and in rare cases, off) the drug, right? And that these changes "appear reversible" (ie, not guaranteed), and are still present after discontinuation followup, according to the studies:

http://finasteride.jconserv.net/viewtop ... af7b3733d4

I'll leave it up to you to determine wether you think that's "bad" or not. It's your body!