Finasteride Sides, Decided To Drop It, Wondering About Dosage.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh yeah.. my hair stayed pretty much the same, if not better, than when I started..

During these 2 decades, i saw most of my friends going bald. The other day I posted a pic and got some comment like "lucky bastard, the only one of the gang with hair".
Lol

Also, I am pretty much sure fina affected the way my face developed. I look much younger. Like, MUCH younger than my age. I pass as a mid 20, easily. And I am 42. :(

Thank you for your story. While I do not know the details of your case it is highly appreciated that you updated after 20 years.

Unfortunately there are some individuals who have wrongly been claiming that finasteride is useless long term for the majority and more or less encouraging others to adopt an extreme regimen of estrogen, oral anti androgens. Naturally, for the safety of many hairloss sufferers, I want to discourage this.

HLV

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's my current hair. Daylight and inside the car.

Full head of hair. Looks great. congratulations on your success and thank you for posting after 20 years.

HLV

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh yeah.. my hair stayed pretty much the same, if not better, than when I started..

During these 2 decades, i saw most of my friends going bald. The other day I posted a pic and got some comment like "lucky bastard, the only one of the gang with hair".
Lol

Also, I am pretty much sure fina affected the way my face developed. I look much younger. Like, MUCH younger than my age. I pass as a mid 20, easily. And I am 42. :(
The young look could very well be the hair. Of course it's hard to speculate how your hair would like like without fina. Would it be fair to say that you continue to choose hair over being totally yourself?

Reactions: br1

br1

Reaction score
The young look could very well be the hair. Of course it's hard to speculate how your hair would like like without fina. Would it be fair to say that you continue to choose hair over being totally yourself?

My grandpa, my dad, all nw5 at age 25.

On my mom's side.l, all full heads. My mom's dad, died at age 82 with a white solid Nw1.

My lucky brother, 38 and a full head.

I have pictures myself at 20, with thinning temples. And when I stopped fina for few months, I lost rapidly.

So I believe I would go NW5 within 1 year or so. I also look a lot like my grandpa when he was young- I know this is not a parameter, but... not taking risks.

Totally fair to say that I choose hair over being 100% myself.

Baldy12345

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could finastride really change the development of your facial structure. Is there any science that could prove this. Cuz I don’t really wanna be stuck with a baby face when am 30+.

Amonrah

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tbh with you the shed is starting to get me really depressed. It seems I'm losing more rapidly then before. On the other hand I did get pretty bad sides from fina. Some mild testicular pain, really hard getting an erection( lol that's kind of an oxymoron) . I really dont know what to do.

Reactions: br1

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tbh with you the shed is starting to get me really depressed. It seems I'm losing more rapidly then before. On the other hand I did get pretty bad sides from fina. Some mild testicular pain, really hard getting an erection( lol that's kind of an oxymoron) . I really dont know what to do.
Unfortunately I guess you are in the situation where you'll have to choose between having hair and biting your tongue enduring the mentioned sides or or let the hair go and regain your sexual health. If you are one who would rather have hair than be healthy then fina is probably your only long term choice.

Though in theory you have the same chance of sided at any dosage that works for hair, I was telling you earlier about success stories involving very small amount of fina (.25mg twice or trice a week). Some reported sides for the first 6 to 8 months that ultimately subsided but this is really not a guarantee. I know that many on this forum would belittle the importance of morning wood but that just proves total ignorance. I would take that very seriously as it could be a sign of great troubles ahead. Also, while not waking up with an erection for long periods of time, you could still have it during night time and just not be aware of it. To find out you can do the stamp test. You can do it yourself at home.

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your story. While I do not know the details of your case it is highly appreciated that you updated after 20 years.

Unfortunately there are some individuals who have wrongly been claiming that finasteride is useless long term for the majority and more or less encouraging others to adopt an extreme regimen of estrogen, oral anti androgens. Naturally, for the safety of many hairloss sufferers, I want to discourage this.

HLV

I used Fina from 1999 to 2010. In the end it lost its efficacy a bit. I started with Avodart and it has been my saviour. Its peace of mind that I dont have to worry about hairloss anymore. However would rather prefer that the products that are currently in the pipeline are effective and thus useful in replacing Avodart one day. Do I have sides? Not that I am aware of. I believe that most sexual problems are caused by psychological problems. Depressions are a big libido and performance killer.