finasteride Sides - 5ar Resynthesis, Wait It Out Or Take Action?

TONSofBODYHAIR

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, quick background, hair thined extremely all over in the timespan of 1 year, decided to go on finasteride as i was losing 200-300 miniaturized hair everyday. Needless to say sides hit me pretty hard, ED, mushy testicles, no libido, brainfog, urinary incontinence. Im pretty sure, like 99% sure this is all because of excess estrogen. Scary right?

Question is its been one month now after stopping finasteride (took it for 2 weeks) and sides are still there with no noticeable improvement, should i let nature take its course and hope they resolve or did i f*** up my HTPA and need to restart it asap?

how long does it take for 5ar to resynthesize after your last dose of finasteride? I heard it takes quite a while but if im so sensitive to finasteride and estrogen i dont wanna risk and do nothing while problems persist, maybe go on a HTPA restart protocol with novaldex etc. Any opinions? Anyone knowledgable could chime in?

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
My side effects took about 3 weeks to pass, for some people it can even take months and to some extent the side effects might be mental. I'd wait at least another 2 weeks and not freak out.

TONSofBODYHAIR

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well im closing to 6 weeks with complete impotency and zero spontaneous erections, my genitals feel like a mass of jelly how can i not freak out? Think i was predisposed to something else or have something already going on and finasteride fucked me completely

TONSofBODYHAIR

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You should restart your system with a HPTA restart. Google it.
Ignore the nay-sayers. I myself will begin a 6 month restart on low dose clomid as soon as I get them b****s in the mail. My testicles didn't shrink but my testosterone plummeted to the 300's and has only climbed to 560 after about 6 or so months. So I'm just gonna fuckin' kick it into high gear bruv gnomsayin?

I was looking into a htpa restart protocol but apparently noone at PH ever felt better so idk if i want to mess more with my hormones, gonna visit an endo next week and discuss my options, btw i just noticed i got tinnitus as well f*** me wtf? Could it be im allergic to finasteride or something?

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tinnitus is more often than not a result of deep psychological stress.

TONSofBODYHAIR

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was diagnosed with severely inflamed prostate, never had an issue before ,will start taking antibiotics for couple weeks and lets see