Finasteride side effect question

magid

Reaction score
So I've been on finasteride 1mg for about 2 weeks now and im 99% sure my testicles have actually gotten smaller. Should this be a concern or even a reason to quit? Is it common to shrink them a little then remain that size? Im not terribly devastated by it, but im scared that it will continue to shrink like i read on a diff forum that one person's shrank so much they almost completely disappeared.

Please help.

OhioGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for 8 1/2 months. My testicles have fluctuated in size. Right now they feel a little small. Im not worried about it.

G k

Established Member
Reaction score
magid said:
So I've been on finasteride 1mg for about 2 weeks now and im 99% sure my testicles have actually gotten smaller. Should this be a concern or even a reason to quit? Is it common to shrink them a little then remain that size? Im not terribly devastated by it, but im scared that it will continue to shrink like i read on a diff forum that one person's shrank so much they almost completely disappeared.

Please help.

The longer u stay on it the harder it will be to return to normal. You will notice all kinds of body changes with your nuts producing less hormones. Its not a good thing. Get off

magid

Reaction score
I care, but maintaining my hair much more important to me than a slight loss of testicle size. If however if it is really dangerous for them to shrink, (ie. they will shrink more) then I'd be concerned. But if it does not shrink any further than I dont see why I should be concerned.

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I actually noticed mine maybe being a little bit softer, not quite as firm.. but I definitely haven't noticed them being smaller. Do you have any way to confirming waht you are saying? I would measure them, because your mind can play tricks on you. I'm sure you have never made a mental note of exactly how big they were before! Does it just 'feel' like they are smaller? Maybe because they ache? Or maybe, have you been more anxious or nervous lately? Being anxious causes them to suck into your body, making them seem smaller.

If mine shrank at all, I would definitely be concerned. But i've never seen this reported as a side effect from any of the finasteride trials. Something like this, along with penis shrinkage, would have absolutely been reported if it was really happening to a lot of guys! These are major side effects and guys would definitely have noticed and reported these symptoms!

I honestly call BS on any guys saying theirs have shrunken more than like 50%, or as you said, to the point where they were almost gone. Thats something I wouldn't take on someones word alone! Scare mongering! Aint nothing scarier than losing your balls.

magid

Reaction score
A user from propeciahelp forum said:
Now my testicle volume is somewhere between 12-16 ml, not even sure, maybe its lower. I can barely see them in the mirror below my thing, and i dont know HOW THE f*** TO RESTORE THEM. I am so desperate to get out of this mess, everything i try fails, i managed to get better from adrenal fatigue a condition that wasted 2.5 years of my life and i cant get better from the testicular shrinking and the prostate/testicle inflammations, this is so sick, i am so desperate for help my mood is down to 0 day and night and no doctor knows anything about it.

Also, i was pretty sure that testicular shrinkage was a documented side effect. I could be wrong...

Nex

Established Member
Reaction score
As far as I know this is a more rare side effect, if your testicles are decreasing in size I would probably discontinue finasteride

Take the circumference of your testicles, and remeasure every month, I do this by holding underneath them to kind of make them tight lol.. whatever way you find to measure them just be consistent with it.

I believe it is important to monitor your body while on finasteride, currently I am monitoring my cognitive level, size of chest (for gyno), length and girth of penis, circumference of testicles, and my libido.

Prop

Established Member
Reaction score
Wuffer said:
Do you have any way to confirming waht you are saying? I would measure them, because your mind can play tricks on you.

for a proper measuration u need testis echo

however, u can feel in someway if they r decreasing, using ur hand like a caliber

Prop

Established Member
Reaction score
magid said:
I care, but maintaining my hair much more important to me than a slight loss of testicle size. If however if it is really dangerous for them to shrink, (ie. they will shrink more) then I'd be concerned. But if it does not shrink any further than I dont see why I should be concerned.

nobody knows how ur body will react on a long term use of fina

testis shrink is not the worst thing that can occur in a indefinitely fina assumption

if u wanna take the risk, is up to u

G k

Established Member
Reaction score
Propecia said:
magid said:

nobody knows how ur body will react on a long term use of fina

testis shrink is not the worst thing that can occur in a indefinitely fina assumption

if u wanna take the risk, is up to u

Testis shrinkage is the worst thing that can happen because it will affect your whole body :/

look up hypogonadism and you will see that your testis are not only smaller, but not doing the job they are supposed to in terms of creating hormones. This can lead to feminized weight gain, skin problems, hormonal imbalances, muscle loss, ed problems, etc.....

magid

Reaction score
but aside from hormonal dangers, is it dangerous to continue using it after they have shrunk? or chances are they will remain shrunken and not shrink any further?

they certainly have shrunken and i don't know what to do!

G k

Established Member
Reaction score
magid said:
but aside from hormonal dangers, is it dangerous to continue using it after they have shrunk? or chances are they will remain shrunken and not shrink any further?

they certainly have shrunken and i don't know what to do!

Yes, the longer you suppress the hormonal function of the gonads, the more you will see your body change and deteriorate. you could theoretically continue and see how things good...But fewer hormones from your testis will probably result in a buildup of changes and side effects. Up to you.

The danger is in the prolonged deprivation of these vital hormones. And when your hair grows back, it will be even harder to quit. Get some RU58841 or get on the CB-03-01 list.

magid

Reaction score
It really is a tough decision. I'll book an apopintment with my gp.

And that fact that im 16 probably isnt a plus.

G k

Established Member
Reaction score
magid said:
It really is a tough decision. I'll book an apopintment with my gp.

And that fact that im 16 probably isnt a plus.

If you are 16 you need to get off that stuff now. No ethical doctor would ever prescribe this to a 16 year old.

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I fully agree man; you shouldn't be on finasteride till you are 18 at the absolute earliest. To be safe I would even say 25; some guys aren't fully developed till then!

Prop

Established Member
Reaction score
G k said:
[

Testis shrinkage is the worst thing that can happen because it will affect your whole body ..

i mean the matter of "testis size"

worst things are all the possible consequence of that

since he stated that he is 16teen, discontinuation of fina is absolutely the best choice

I heard that soon CBS release some news on PFS, i hope for more media attention