finasteride shrinking your penis. HOW is that even possible?

biger_beter

Reaction score
HOW is that even possible?
These people that claim they have had their penis shrink in size whilst on finasteride.
Is that completely in their head? It doesnt make sense to me
Is that even possible?
This crap about the sides is pissing me off! :mad:

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
finasteride sometimes makes my flaccid size smaller. Doesn't change erect size at all though.

The people who claim it shrunk their penis probably just see the smaller flaccid size and weaker erections, making it look smaller.

s.a.f

Reaction score
No finasteride makes the penis fall off, and turns you homo :whistle:

Hoppi

Reaction score
This is why I'm on a low finasteride dose...

It's good to lower your DHT a bit but I don't think I would encourage just squashing it flat lol

biger_beter

Reaction score
Hoppi said:

It's good to lower your DHT a bit but I don't think I would encourage just squashing it flat lol

What dose you on?
Would you say that finasteride benefited you ALOT?

Hoppi

Reaction score
biger_beter said:
Hoppi said:

What dose you on?
Would you say that finasteride benefited you ALOT?

I haven't been on it long enough to know, it just seemed to be a cleaner way to lower my DHT a bit than beta-sitosterol. Plus, I didn't like the debatable effect of beta-sitosterol on veins and arteries. But yaaahh anyway so, I'm currently taking 0.25mg of finasteride every couple of days, sometimes every day, and I'm using Nizoral 2%.

But yeah I'm the kind of person who likes to look at possible underlying causes, so this stuff is more to tide me through while I look at my potential health problems in more detail (thyroid, stress, diet, etc etc)

I also take stuff like curcumin, resveratrol, lignans, stuff like that, to get my T and E levels accurate and lower inflammation, and maybe schisandra for stress reduction and a healthy T boost. I dunno, like I say my views are a bit alternative but, it's all based on reasonable science and - can't all be the same can we? :)

I also intend to do some more research into keto to fully learn what it does, so I can add another topical for the time being if I feel it necessary.

As for finasteride and sides... of course. You're drastically lowering your DHT, so there will be potential side effects, the body is designed to operate on a certain optimal level of DHT, not severely cut levels! heh

But it's up to the individual :)

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I just simply don't get it...if a normal man without male pattern baldness has no problem with this sexual detail...why the people with raised dht like those who are balding have problems when they try to normalize the dht level?it should be the same thing...

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Its not the raised levels of DHT,the sensitivity of the follicles to DHT is the main culprit here.

Nene

Reaction score
andrei_eremenko said:
I just simply don't get it...if a normal man without male pattern baldness has no problem with this sexual detail...why the people with raised dht like those who are balding have problems when they try to normalize the dht level?it should be the same thing...

Doesn't work that way. Men without male pattern baldness also have DHT, they just don't have follicles sensitive to the DHT.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Probs depends on many factors, but mainly these 3...

First of all, a guy with male pattern baldness doesn't necessarily have elevated DHT.

Second, they may also have elevated estrogen.

Third, a standard finasteride dose lowers 5ar/DHT a LOT.

32210168_DHT.GIF

see?

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it but Finasteride did make the size of my Flaccid penis smaller. I also lost a significant amount of volume in my ejaculate. Unfortunately the problems haven't gone away after more than a year of being off it. It has sent my hormones completely out of balance.

Now I've heard of many men who have been on it for years and haven't had any problems... I guess these are the guys who come up here on the forum and give out about us people "Imagining" these side effects. I would do anything to go back to my normal state.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you mean that you would like to go back at normal ...and to continue the process of balding...why don't u stop finas?

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As I said I've been off it for more than a year, I'd love to be back to my normal state in hormonal balance.

nappa

Reaction score
I have been on finasteride for 1 year and 3 months now and i havent noticed this, and i still shoot huge loads ;P

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You can't be fully retarded because you're using a computer, but you might be semi-retarded.

I Stopped using Finasteride more than a year ago.

You get it?

Hoppi

Reaction score
decro don't worry man I think you can kill or certainly amazingly offset the sides, I'll help you find out how if you want by PM or something :)

I'm not the pro, but i KNOW the pros! lol ^_^

Oh and yeah, LOW DOSE finasteride!! finasteride is good stuff I think but you have to be really careful coz it's really strong ._.

Oh and as for estrogen, well, I personally am not ruling out estrogen having a detrimental effect on hair loss by upregulating DHT production. I don't know for sure, I'm very much still learning. HOWEVER if you have too much estrogen in your system, you will get more estrogen-related sides, such as gyno. It's one of the reasons I take lignans and resveratrol, curcumin, all that jazz :)

And also herbs like schisandra strengthen your T production without overdoing it, there's a chance ashwagandha does too, i'm not sure if it might increase it too high.

ANYWAY, yes, that's.. all :) lol

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I completely disagree about taking .25mg of finasteride, especially if you haven't noticed any sides (hoppi).

To anyone starting finasteride: take the full 1mg/day unless you notice sides, then consider stopping or cutting back on the dosage. But otherwise it's just foolish to start with a low dose.

also, the subject line of this post is just fear mongering ridiculousness that is not healthy for the newbies who are seriously considering taking the drug. how about i start a thread called "finasteride completely reverses the balding process. Miracle drug!" and see how the anti-finasteride people react.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Finasteride should be just as potent at .25mg as 1mg due to it having a "flat" dose response curve.